Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji spark refurbished

karl

Join
Dec 23, 2018
Does anyone know how good or bad the dji sparks refurbished from the dji official website are?? Is it better buying a refurb than sending my old spark for repair do you think??

I would only by a refurb direct from DJI. That's how I got my second Spark and it's fine.

Lots of reports on forums that refurb more likely defective on arrival. Remember these units are other folks returns and repair that DJI has "fixed" -- sometimes they had more than one issue and something got missed before it resold as a refurb.

Still covered by manufacturers warranty so no worries tho

I would only by a refurb direct from DJI. That's how I got my second Spark and it's fine.

Lots of reports on forums that refurb more likely defective on arrival. Remember these units are other folks returns and repair that DJI has "fixed" -- sometimes they had more than one issue and something got missed before it resold as a refurb.

Still covered by manufacturers warranty so no worries tho
So am I guaranteed to receive a DJI spark in perfect working order if I order from the official DJI website? I don't really care if there are scratches and signs of slight use, but i just want a working spark!

As Andre has stated, it's still under warranty, no worries.

I have read here that the refurbished Sparks look brand new and have been through testing.
If something is not right, send it back.

Other than an "R"(refurbished) in the serial number, you probably won't notice the difference between the two.

The refurbished ones come complete with peel off protector stickers for those that like to peel the stuff.

At least you can be up and flying again while you decide in the future to send the Spark in for repairs or tinker with it yourself and see if you can fix it.

There are a lot of YouTube tear down videos and the parts for the Spark are readily available if you have the ability to do that stuff.

It's already broke, so if anything, you can see what makes the Spark tick inside.

Here are some recommended tool kits if you decide to tinker with it.

Last edited:
My Experience - I purchased a DJI refurb Spark (as well as a refurb Mavic) form Drone Nerds and both were 100% perfect.

I picked up both a refurb Spark Fly More combo and a refurb Phantom 4 Adv from the official DJI Store on newegg.com (they tend to have the best sales pricing there, might be a good sale this 4th of July if you are US based), Spark package was around US$320 (US$280 after a bonus credit I had) & P4 Adv was around US$800. I use both commercially and have not had any problems with either quad. And the P4 has hundreds of flights on it!

Buying refurbs is a great way to save money! But as mentioned earlier, sometimes the problems don't get fixed so you need to test a refurb out thoroughly when you get it (even features you may not normally use, as some day you might need them).

DJI is pretty good about the warranty on their refurbs, giving you the same as new, and they offered me the care package when I first registered the quads, just the same as with a new unit. Not all companies are so generous with their refurb warranties!

I would not hesitate to purchase another refurbished DJI product, especially over buying an item used from someone else!

James

Reactions: Andre Levite
Mine was perfect. My main concern with refurbs is how many times has the battery been used - in both cases only 1 or 2 charges. Well worth the savings for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis