Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI support: cannot change RC network password

shegeek72

Join
Apr 20, 2018
If, indeed, the RC's network password cannot be changed (according to DJI tech support) why use an insecure password, i.e. 12341234? Or can it be changed and DJI was blowing smoke up my ***?

The RC wouldn't connect to mobile device. Wifi said authentication problem that, from my experience, usually means wrong password. As usual, DJI tech support was little help. 12341234 is a very insecure password and I wanted to change it.

The RC wouldn't connect to mobile device. Wifi said authentication problem that, from my experience, usually means wrong password. As usual, DJI tech support was little help. 12341234 is a very insecure password and I wanted to change it.
You mean you changed it and then you get the issue or the fact it is a weak password is a secondary effect and you first issue is the RC and device don't link?
CE or FCC mode? (or in which country are you?)
What device are you using?

If, indeed, the RC's network password cannot be changed (according to DJI tech support) why use an insecure password, i.e. 12341234? Or can it be changed and DJI was blowing smoke up my ***?
Good question.
The Spark wifi itself can be changed using the DJI assistant software but that's a unique password so no real need to change it. If the RC is connected or not make no change, it is still the Spark wifi that can be edited.
In fact you need first to connect to the Spark the usual way and from the camera view, goto to the settings (button on top right) and then the wifi page. Go to bottom of page.
Here are the RC wifi settings and you can change it but if you forget it, I am not really sure how you can reset it to default. Probably some combination of buttons when starting the
RC.

You mean you changed it and then you get the issue or the fact it is a weak password is a secondary effect and you first issue is the RC and device don't link?
CE or FCC mode? (or in which country are you?)
What device are you using?

Blu R2 plus. I could not connect to the RC's network - authentication error. I wanted to reset the password to eliminate a wrong password causing the authentication problem (DJI said it wasn't possible). I'm in the US.

I doubt that resetting the Spark itself has any influence on the RC.

Maybe try this if you can aford opening the RC:
The password seems really in the RC, I tried with 2 RC and different password.

Reactions: Kenneth Jackson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit