Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Support is THE WORST

So, your gimbal is still broken after you got your Spark back from DJI? If so, you should contact DJI Support pronto. They don't frequent this forum, so you're not going to get help from them by creating threads like this.

Im not asking them to look at this post nor do I expect a solution from them via an online message board. I also know that this board has nothing to do with DJI itself. I'm just saying that their customer service is terrible and the communication is bad. Just giving warning to other consumers. They make a great product but the service sucks.

Just because YOU had bad experiences with the DJI support should the complete DJI support be bad for everyone in general, maybe even worldwide? Without knowing the case exactly I don't give much away on such not objective accusations.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the DJI support according to your statement, but honestly, your contribution is absolutely unnecessary because you don't mention any details concerning the whole matter, let alone prove it.

Reactions: jrhoffman75
I would have to agree with RoarRoar.
I had zero issues with DJI and service with my Sparks.
They did everything to make it right.

Not so with my Mavic Air experience.
All in 3 weeks time mind you:
Purchased refurb Mavic Air Flymore package direct from DJI - had faith since I got excellent refurb Sparks in Care Refresh exchange.
1) One battery DOA - 10 days to exchange from a service center 4 hours away.
2) Stuck pixels that show on night videos/ pictures.
3) Faint white grid across the field of view that shows on the videos/ pictures
Sample:
4) Sent in the Mavic Air for issues 2 & 3, got a new Mavic Air (no "R" in the serial) - same issues but stuck pixels in different area.
5) Purchased a new spare Mavic Air regular package - only battery with kit DOA - Still waiting on return battery.
6) Second Mavic Air has stuck pixels too in different areas that show up on the media.
7) Faint grid more pronounced with different shades of contrast across field of view that shows up on the media.
8) Discovered I cannot shoot panos - sphere or 180 on either Mavic Air without exposure distortion on auto or manual.
9) Here is the kicker - controller on the second Mavic Air reboots in flight.

Everything has been covered under warranty so far but as far as communication, seriously lacking.
Two of the service tags that require a signature I wanted rerouted to my place of work.
ZERO of my requests were answered in a timely manner although the case confirmation email says to contact [email protected] for that situation.
Replies are getting to be 36 hours upon submitting.

Ergo, my thread title in Mavic Pilots and DJI Mavic forums: "Really Losing Faith"

Last edited:
Im not asking them to look at this post nor do I expect a solution from them via an online message board. I also know that this board has nothing to do with DJI itself. I'm just saying that their customer service is terrible and the communication is bad. Just giving warning to other consumers. They make a great product but the service sucks.

Typical American grouch ! You have probably gone about seeking help the incorrect way ! In Australia we have great CS people ! just saying ?

Typical American grouch ! You have probably gone about seeking help the incorrect way ! In Australia we have great CS people ! just saying ?

Kind of a quick assumption to make. I own a non drone business that requires me to send equipment for service all the time. I deal with consumer electronics companies like JBL, Pioneer, and Native Instruments pretty regularly. When those products come back from service they problems are usually fixed correctly.

To call me a "Typical American Grouch" for a complaint about sending a product in for service, and it not getting fixed correctly isn't really fair and kind of an assumption. I didn't knock their products I just said that I think the communication between the service department and myself in this situation wasn't good quite frankly it was terrible. I do feel there is a major communication issue mainly due to the fact that things are lost in translation on each side.

It's my opinion, some people seem to agree and if you don't that's fine. Next time I need help I'll ask you first so you can show me the "Correct Way". I wouldn't want to be a "Typical American Grouch".

Reactions: Heckmaniac

Do my five good experiences cancel out your one bad one?

How does this work?

I asked a question.

I did not state a point of view

I'm sure I'm not the only person who had a negative experience with DJI service. Do your five good service experiences cancel out mine? The answer is no, simply because I personally am a dissatisfied customer, and I personally don't know what your five issues were.

How does this work? Not sure I think it's a matter of opinion. I'm sure this won't be the last time I send a product to DJI for service, maybe the next time will be better but the first time wasn't so good. I've had bad service experiences with Apple. On the same hand I have had amazing ones. I still buy their products, still buy their service plans. The same goes for DJI.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who had a negative experience with DJI service. Do your five good service experiences cancel out mine? The answer is no, simply because I personally am a dissatisfied customer, and I personally don't know what your five issues were.

How does this work? Not sure I think it's a matter of opinion. I'm sure this won't be the last time I send a product to DJI for service, maybe the next time will be better but the first time wasn't so good. I've had bad service experiences with Apple. On the same hand I have had amazing ones. I still buy their products, still buy their service plans. The same goes for DJI.

I hope you get a better result next time.

Not saying that is my experience because so far I had never use DJI support but according to what I read in forums. DJI support is bad, some people have good experience and others don't.

It seems that DJI, under some circumstances, cannot support their customers.

DJI should investigate those cases, and eliminate bad customers' experiences, if they want to be considered as a modern and great company.

I've had one instance of reaching out to them, I was warned it could take weeks, it was just 24 hours. But knowing the frustration that many others have felt, I would have to say its 50-50. Good luck with getting it sorted. Dealing with China based companies can be challenging. I have business dealings with some non-drone vendors there from time to time, and the results have definitely been mixed.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I've had one instance of reaching out to them, I was warned it could take weeks, it was just 24 hours. But knowing the frustration that many others have felt, I would have to say its 50-50. Good luck with getting it sorted. Dealing with China based companies can be challenging. I have business dealings with some non-drone vendors there from time to time, and the results have definitely been mixed.

I think the experiences with "support" are split 50:50 between great and awful are partly because you are dealing with 2 different entities.

DJI Support is mostly based in China and provides worldwide service. They are spread pretty thin and there's often a language barrier. Hence the worse service in my experience.

DJI Warranty for US is based in Texas and only serves North America. They are extremely efficient and communicate every tiny step in the process. I've been extremely impressed with their service.

There is a lot of selection bias in these reviews (including my own) because our individual sample size is so small. And pooling or experience is just as flawed given the propensity for negative experiences to be reported louder and more frequently compared to when support "just works".

DJI Care warranty work is the single best "support" I've gotten from any company.

Last edited:
I have only had excellent, nay, outstanding service from DJI!
?????

Reactions: Andre Levite
Curious... Do you have DJI care?

No, I have not Dji care, don't think I will ever need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme