Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does Spark already have UUID?

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I went digging today for information on whether the Spark might be a candidate for software/firmware solution to the impending Remote I.D. issue. I ran across a thread on a DJI forum about the Spark from two years ago and a screenshot that indicated it had UUID Spark Remote ID in whatever version of Go 4 they had (see post #1, #2 and #38). I looked at both versions of Go 4 that I have (Mod 2.0 v4.1.15 and 4.3.15) and I don't see it on either. It may have part of DJI's Aeroscope plans and some of the Phantom pilots indicated they used it, but maybe it was never implemented for Spark. Anyone seen it?

Interesting! Although you didn't say, can I assume that's on your Spark? What version of Go 4 is that?

Yes, the Spark is the only DJI drone I own - I am using 4.3.29 which I think is the latest stable version of DJI GO4.

is that setting not there on yours ?

Reactions: I B Spectre
Ah, the versions I've got are Mod 2.0 based on v 4.1.15 and unmodded Go4 v4.3.25 and neither of them has it. I will update 4.3.25 to 4.3.29 and it should be there. Thanks for the feedback and screenshot! ?

From your screenshot, it looks like the line above the UUID switch that says "Remote Identification" is grayed-out. I suppose it could just be a repeat of the same wording at the top of that screen or maybe DJI has not fully implemented it at this time. You'd think if it weren't, the UUID and Identification and Flight Information switches would be grayed out as well.

This thread has Sparked my interest.

On my Droids, the app version is 4.3.25 and I don't see the option to upgrade in the Play Store to 4.3.29...yet.

I checked the App Store for the mini4 and the newest version is the 4.3.29 with the remote I.D. is available.

I put some information in and tried to save it (Apply) and it fails to apply?

I tried with OTG and WiFi. ?

I just fired everything up. Go4 version 4.3.29 confirmed and I do not see any settings for the UUID.

One thing I never have figured out. How do I check for updates for the AC and batteries if my iPad Mini 4 is only connected to the Spark and not my WiFi at the same time? Or are those updates done through the Go4 app only?

I keep forgetting to ask Adam Jones on which platform he has v4.3.29 installed, Apple or Android. Like Spark 317 said, that version for Android is not showing in the Google Play store, only 4.3.25 as of this hour.

Reactions: Spark 317
One thing I never have figured out. How do I check for updates for the AC and batteries if my iPad Mini 4 is only connected to the Spark and not my WiFi at the same time? Or are those updates done through the Go4 app only?

I occasionally connect my WiFi only mini4 to the net just to check on updates to the mini and Go4.

Another option is the OTG cable being connected, and using the home WiFi at the same time.

I occasionally connect my WiFi only mini4 to the net just to check on updates to the mini and Go4.
Another option is the OTG cable being connected, and using the home WiFi at the same time.
Thanks for the suggestion to use the OTG cable. I had not thought of that. I will give that a try right now.

Reactions: Spark 317
So here is what I found after a little testing I use a old iPhone 7 that has no service provider it will not turn on the Identification in the controller with a OTG cable I plugged in my everyday phone and it opens the tab in the remote. So what ever device you use has to have active data plan thru a carrier.5000CD6F-63F1-4701-974D-E551A210A7C6.png5000CD6F-63F1-4701-974D-E551A210A7C6.pngDE1D0DAA-2CAC-42F8-BC5E-089D53CE54C7.png5000CD6F-63F1-4701-974D-E551A210A7C6.png

That makes perfect sense. It needs an established data connection to use the UUID then. Well, I'm not paying an extra fee to install a SIM card in my iPad Mini 4 so I guess that the FAA will not be able to track my flights. Oh well. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh