Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does Spark fly, when it's drizzling?

It's not advised.

Too much moisture in the air and it may effect the sensors and electronics.

Reactions: Haggi
I'm sure it will. But do you really want to subject your $400 to $600 investment unnecessarily to damage? Would you leave your cell phone out on a table in a drizzle? Or walk on your nice carpet in muddy shoes?

Reactions: mano
I'm sure it will. But do you really want to subject your $400 to $600 investment unnecessarily to damage? Would you leave your cell phone out on a table in a drizzle? Or walk on your nice carpet in muddy shoes?
I am asking because it's available to do some nice photos, when black stormy clouds on a yellow nature.

Why are you asking about shoes? I didn't see the meaning of question.

I am asking because it's available to do some nice photos, when black stormy clouds on a yellow nature.

Why are you asking about shoes? I didn't see the meaning of question.
Duh?? He's pointing up the fact that, yes you probably could risk it, but its your own dumb fault if you crash it/damage it. Yep sure you can walk on your new carpet in muddy shoes, but your carpet will get dirty. Sure you can fly your drone in the wet, but it is risky...

All the same, i have flown mine in the wet before, then i felt a bit guilty and scared so landed it :)

Depending on the amount of snow in the air, it could affect the front Obstacle Avoidance, which can be turned OFF, but the bottom VPS may be affected as well which can not be turned off.

And like airplane wings, ice may form on the props, reducing lift and control.

Fly safe.:)

I got caught out mile away in a massive down pour got spark back and it was absolutely drenched. I've flown it 300 odd times since so seems to not affected it.
I have a Mavic Pro as well so the spark seems to get the dirty work and the Mavic gets looked after. My Spark has been worked hard I'm always shocked how brilliant this little drone and the confidence it gives me flying it.

Just so wish it had that 3 aixes gimbal as soon as the 2 comes out I'm straight onto it.

I think, I won't be able to fly, while it is drizzling, because it started snowing.

I flew mine in drizzle and I just wiped it down and it was fine.
But I wouldn’t keep it out too long. Get your footage, get it back, dry it and put it back in it’s case. Then give it a once over once you get back home.

anyone have their spark rust? i'm curious about some components between the motor/shaft. There are very cool shots here of rain coming in over the mountain so i have been curious about sparks ability to fly in drizzle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme