Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Down facing sensors

Autodrome

Join
Oct 22, 2019
I've been having an issue intermittently when hovering and then trying to descend the spark will drop uncontrollably and behave erratically. Then the other day i actually got a down facing senor error appear on the app on my phone. I'm guessing the sensor inside has somehow gone bad or been damaged. Is there any way to simply disable it? I'm guessing it will still operate, fly and land ok?

edit: it records and flys fine when moving forward or when higher up.

Litchi is a third party app that will allow you to turn off the downward sensors through the app, other than taking the Spark apart and manually disconnect the wiring inside.

The bottom sensor is critical for a safe landing as the Spark determines where the ground is when landing and lands softly.

If you disabled the sensor, the Spark won't know where the ground is and it's up to you to manually land the Spark which could be rough depending on how good you are on the joysticks.

Make sure the bottom camera / infrared lens is clean.
It's a cheap easy start to a problem.

You may have to have the Spark serviced for proper operation.

My two cents worth.

Good luck. :)

I had a big problem with mine when I just barely covered the edge with a skin. I'm sure you have checked for that type of obscuration

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers