Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drifting Left

Walter Hall

Join
Mar 22, 2018
Hello:

I noticed today that my Spark is drifting left as I try to fly a straight line. I was up 200 feet in sport mode. Do any of you have the same issue and what might be the cause?

Regards,

Walt

I did have a left drift , and slight climb while hovering once. (Although I was not in sport mode).

I had taken off from a huge metal structure on the prior flight, moments before, so for the heck of it, I did reset the IMU. It worked.

Another option would be to check the props, especially if you landed on tall grass earlier or something of this nature...

Since you were on sport mode, could it be a strong wind aloft? You are thinking going straight, but now that the Spark is not using satellites, you actually have a cross wind and would need an angle correction to fly straight?

Reactions: pmshop
The Spark still has GPS coverage in Sport mode to know where it's at.
It doesn't switch to Atti-mode.

in sport mode mine drifts. in normal mode, maybe a little but not much.

In sport mode, I am sure that it is sacrificing accuracy for speed.

Noticed this while flying too in Sports mode

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Search IMU calibration. I've had the same issue. After an IMU, compass and stick calibrate. All the drifting went away.

Having the same issues as of late. I'm going to try this later... Hopefully this is a solid fix of this problem.

Use a spirit level and make sure the surface you are calibrating on it level that's what I've just done for my spark and mavic pro and just come from flying them and they both fly straight.

The Imu I've just done. And don't calibrate the compass till you get to where you are flying in a open field sway from all interference.

I did have a left drift , and slight climb while hovering once. (Although I was not in sport mode).

I had taken off from a huge metal structure on the prior flight, moments before, so for the heck of it, I did reset the IMU. It worked.

Another option would be to check the props, especially if you landed on tall grass earlier or something of this nature...

Since you were on sport mode, could it be a strong wind aloft? You are thinking going straight, but now that the Spark is not using satellites, you actually have a cross wind and would need an angle correction to fly straight?
this happens to mine, It does seem to be more than a wind drift. Does your IMU calibration take a long time?

this happens to mine, It does seem to be more than a wind drift. Does your IMU calibration take a long time?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland rnrlott.

The IMU calibration doesn't take long to do.

Here's a video to watch from DJI on how it's accomplished.

Be sure to pay attention to the screen when you are calibrating and the position of the DJI logo on the Spark image during the process.

Some pilots get stuck on step #2 because the image of the Spark has flipped on the screen and they may not be aware that it flipped.

The app is waiting for you to flip the Spark and if you don't, the calibration process is timed out and you have to start over again.

Be sure it's done on a flat level surface.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex