Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

drone haters threatening to shoot down drones

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
ok, this might be a dumb question but I've been watching drone videos on youtube and reading the comments from paranoid drone haters and LMAO on their comments about shooting them down. I read a few saying that an FAA registered drone is illegal as hell to shoot down and is no different than taking down a manned aircraft now for the dumb question is that true?????? I've asked on other forums but never got a straight answer some said yes and some said no.

Yes, it's illegal to shoot down drones in the US.

It is a violation of FEDERAL LAW to shoot down any aircraft - including a drone.

This article does a good job explaining the FAA position on this regulation.

FAA Says It's a Crime to Shoot Down a Drone
thanks, Andre for the link to that copied/saved. I'm going to print it off and send it to our town idiot that harasses and calls the police on me about my drones. The funny thing about it I live on 150 acres outside of town the police don't do anything they know I follow the law. Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Jeff :cool:

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
thanks, Andre for the link to that copied/saved. I'm going to print it off and send it to our town idiot that harasses and calls the police on me about my drones. The funny thing about it I live on 150 acres outside of town the police don't do anything they know I follow the law. Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Jeff :cool:
Yea, some people see a drone and all of a sudden they think, oh its violating my privacy. They dont think twice about phones. Retards.

Before my wife gave a DJI Phantom 3 Standard to me for Christmas 2016, I used to proclaim, "I will shoot down any drone that flew over my house, and I'll keep the wares it carries". Of course, this was mostly humorous as I don't yet own a gun.
Now that I have flown a drone for a couple of years, I have changed my mind. Now, I will only shoot down pizza carrying drones. I have needs that must be met.

Reactions: Transplant
All that being said I still wouldn't recommend flying close to a dude with a shotgun...

Before my wife gave a DJI Phantom 3 Standard to me for Christmas 2016, I used to proclaim, "I will shoot down any drone that flew over my house, and I'll keep the wares it carries". Of course, this was mostly humorous as I don't yet own a gun.
Now that I have flown a drone for a couple of years, I have changed my mind. Now, I will only shoot down pizza carrying drones. I have needs that must be met.

The occasional Amazon drone would be acceptable too. Especially if it is carrying drone related materials.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers