Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone Insurance

I also asked my State Farm agent if my homeowners liability coverage included damage caused by my drone. In fact it does not cover damage I might cause with an "aircraft," but it does cover damage caused by a model aircraft used for recreational flying as follows:

EXCLUSION: bodily injury or property damage arising out of the ownership, maintenance, use, loading, or unloading of:
(1) An aircraft. This exclusion does not apply to the ownership, maintenance, use, loading, or unloading of unmanned aircraft systems used as model aircraft: (a) solely for recreational or hobby purposes; (b) designed to be operated within the visual line of sight of the operator and operated within the visual line of sight of the operator; and (c) weighing not more than 55 pounds at the time of operation; unless the ownership, maintenance, use, loading, or unloading of such aircraft results in: (a) property damage to any aircraft; or (b) bodily injury or property damage resulting from interference with an aircraft carrying people regardless of whether the bodily injury or property damage is sustained by people or property on the aircraft or not.

So this does provide coverage unless I hit a real aircraft.

Very interesting. Thanks

So I posted the similar topic over at the mavic forum and I'm going to ask here. What are the cons once you file a claim with State Farm for instance?

Does something go up. Your yearly cost?

Here in California State Farm doesn’t offer drone insurance. I was told about Verifly.com only thing we have ama isn’t primary insurance so you have to exhaust all other insurance before I kicks in. At least that’s what I’ve been told and have been reading on the web since digging deeper into getting covered.

Here in California State Farm doesn’t offer drone insurance. I was told about Verifly.com only thing we have ama isn’t primary insurance so you have to exhaust all other insurance before I kicks in. At least that’s what I’ve been told and have been reading on the web since digging deeper into getting covered.

>>"...ama isn’t primary insurance so you have to exhaust all other insurance before I kicks in."

I don't know what you mean by that - what "other insurance" do you have to exhaust? If you don't have any, then AMA would be your primary insurance.

In any case AMA provides liability insurance, not AC replacement insurance. State farm also provides liability insurance through most homeowner policies. Also (though not in California) you can purchase drone damage/loss insurance from State Farm.

I was reading that on AMA Site. So let say you have some form of homeowners insurance that covers drone damage, Here in California nobody will cover drone damage, You would need to go through your existing insurance before AMA will cover any drone damage to property.. Now I'm talking just property or person injury not drone damage itself. I was looking into this company called verifly and they seem to cover you on the go as you need it. Looks pretty good

I was reading that on AMA Site. So let say you have some form of homeowners insurance that covers drone damage, Here in California nobody will cover drone damage, You would need to go through your existing insurance before AMA will cover any drone damage to property.. Now I'm talking just property or person injury not drone damage itself. I was looking into this company called verifly and they seem to cover you on the go as you need it. Looks pretty good

AMA will cover drone damage to property and people in California at $38/year for $500,000 coverage (or $1.5 million for about double the cost). Whether you think Verifly is a better deal at $10/hour is up to you.

AMA will cover drone damage to property and people in California at $38/year for $500,000 coverage (or $1.5 million for about double the cost). Whether you think Verifly is a better deal at $10/hour is up to you.

Never said it was a better deal. I fly pretty often So I’m not sure if it’s even a good deal or not I just am looking for some insurance for those just in case moments if ama will cover me then I’ll probably go that route it looks like 75 bucks a year for the full membership

So I posted the similar topic over at the mavic forum and I'm going to ask here. What are the cons once you file a claim with State Farm for instance?

Does something go up. Your yearly cost?

Nothing goes up if you make a claim that I'm aware of. It's covered under the personal articles policy. No different than if someone broke into your house and stole jewelry...or a Spark :)

Nothing goes up if you make a claim that I'm aware of. It's covered under the personal articles policy. No different than if someone broke into your house and stole jewelry...or a Spark :)
I'm hearing though that they will drop you on your first claim. Mileage will vary person to agent state to state but I guess for that 1st time possibly more coverage I guess it's better than nothing.

Of course I'd like to hear from real claim experience from others.

State farm here in NY as well, [emoji106] $60 a year for the spark and Mavic Pro haven't had to make a claim yet and I do find it comforting to know they will replace if I loose it.

I have State Farm as well in NY. I have homeowner's, 4 cars and an umbrella. If they cover loss or theft, I may have to try and get the insurance, but is there is any deductible?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme