Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone Maintenance

Do you perform maintenance on your drone?

• Total voters

Dudge Jredd

Join
May 28, 2017
Loc
Houston, TX
After thinking about all the fun things to do with my drone I realized that it would need basic maintenance like any other gadget if I expect to get long life out of it.

This seems straightforward and all but sometimes common sense takes a holiday....

What kind of maintenance do the veteran drone pilots do?

- Do you use compressed air on vents/motors?
(I don't want to damage the internals since the chassis doesn't appear to be removable but want to prevent dust/dirt/pollen accumulation.)
- Do you usually wipe down drone chassis after each flight? Especially with high pollen count on weather report?
- Do you typically remove the props when storing drone for a few days or would you do that only for extended storage time or during transport?

Wipe off bugs and charge batteries...that's all.

Do you use compressed air on vents/motors?

Nope. I dont blow anything into the motors because it would just force it in there more, and theres no way for it to get out from the bottom. If I get grass or other debris in a motor, I turn the bird upside down and gently bang the motor shaft until it comes out. Blowing anything into a vent is a bad idea for the same reason, if you blow stuff in and it doesnt come out the other side, youre worse than before you began.

Do you usually wipe down drone chassis after each flight? Especially with high pollen count on weather report?

I wipe mine down after every flight to examine post-flight for any debris, any loose parts, and to get the bugs off.

Do you typically remove the props when storing drone for a few days or would you do that only for extended storage time or during transport?

On my Mavic, I keep the props on, and then just make sure they are tight during preflight. The more you take them off and put them on, the higher the chance of breaking one of the retaining tabs inside the prop hub. Granted, it might not happen until youve put them on and taken them off numerous times, but I dont put any more burden on the parts than I have to.

Some of the regular maintenance/replaceable items that have a limited useful life on my Mavic are batteries, props, the rubber gimbal dampers, and rubber landing feet.

Reactions: glirich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef