Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi not working after water damage

Bean00

Join
Apr 12, 2021
Hi all, bit of technical advice needed please. So cos I'm a div...I dumped my poor drone into a freshwater pond for about 5min. Rescued, taken home, stripped, hair dryerd, sat in rice for a few weeks, result is that it powers up, but I have green and yellow flashing lights, and cannot connect to the WiFi whatsoever. I've tried phone to drone, and remote to drone to no avail. Phone to remote works fine. I'd read about 1 guy fixing by doing a firmware update using the assistant, but can't connect my laptop to either phone nor cremote for the life of me, tried every drive pack going, rolled back from win10 to win7, still no joy. So I'm thinking to try a new motherboard, am I following the right path??
Sorry it's long winded, thanks in advance

Also I forgot to add, holding the button in for 10 seconds to reset WiFi does nothing, no beeping whatsoever, I've even tried for near on a minute lol

Might be ongoing issues long term anyway, even after freshwater immersion electronics are not going to be trustworthy in my mind . . . it could be a better idea to simply get a 2nd hand aircraft, and perhaps use the old body for spares that still might be suitable.

There must be aircraft around that have dysfunctional (now obsolete) batteries, and those particular aircraft / packages are no longer viable.
Total packages are fairly cheap now too.

Did you ditch the battery ? Or test it too ?
Usually with any water they are pretty much fried.
You had a flymore package and still have 2 batteries ?

Might be ongoing issues long term anyway, even after freshwater immersion electronics are not going to be trustworthy in my mind . . . it could be a better idea to simply get a 2nd hand aircraft, and perhaps use the old body for spares that still might be suitable.

There must be aircraft around that have dysfunctional (now obsolete) batteries, and those particular aircraft / packages are no longer viable.
Total packages are fairly cheap now too.

Did you ditch the battery ? Or test it too ?
Usually with any water they are pretty much fried.
You had a flymore package and still have 2 batteries ?
Hi, yeah I've got a couple of batteries so tried the decent one, still no difference

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme