Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dronemapper and dji spark

Vilco

Join
Dec 14, 2017
Hi, I'm getting horrible results in dronemapper since my spark saves just 3 decimals on the lat and long exif tags, while a decent job needs at least 5 if not 6 decimals. I know other DJI drones write down all the decimals, and I discovered monthos ago that the spark writes just the first 3 ones.
Is there a way to make spark write all the data into exif tags, since the record replay shows all the pictures in their right place instead of being al on just 3 or 4 places due to incomplete gps coords? Is there a way to help dronemapper get over this and produce a map?
BTW Hi Dronemapper, if you'r here please knock :)

Hi, I'm getting horrible results in dronemapper since my spark saves just 3 decimals on the lat and long exif tags, while a decent job needs at least 5 if not 6 decimals. I know other DJI drones write down all the decimals, and I discovered monthos ago that the spark writes just the first 3 ones.
Is there a way to make spark write all the data into exif tags, since the record replay shows all the pictures in their right place instead of being al on just 3 or 4 places due to incomplete gps coords? Is there a way to help dronemapper get over this and produce a map?

Have you been able to get any good results with DroneMapper? I can't even read in my jpgs. I see all the metadata they require is there.

Thanks.

Just curious, what is Dronemapper? What do you guys use it for? How well does it work with Spark other than the obvious problem you are having?

Just curious, what is Dronemapper? What do you guys use it for? How well does it work with Spark other than the obvious problem you are having?

Dronemapper accepts in input the vertical pictures (orthophoto) you took with the drone, reads their position and heading and camera pitch from the EXIF GPS data and creates a map out of them. This is currently impossible with the Spark since all the pictures I took on a 30 x 50 meters city square were all located in just four points at circa 25 meters each: thus it's unusable with the Spark until someone finds the way to read the complete GPS position of every picture in order to correct the EXIF GPS data in all the pictures :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast