Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dronie mode

mcquoidd

Join
Jul 4, 2017
Hey team ,

this mode is the meant to be bad *** ! , but for me and I think some others, it goes back way faster then it goes up..... and most time gets really close to crashing into something (because going backwards)

anyone else having this... also doing it manually is really good but then of course can guarantee u are in the shot at all times if looking at the drone haha

idn I just thought it would go up alot faster and make a better shot ?

Reactions: Will
Mine zoomed back 200 feet and only went up 15 feet and crashed in a tree. Could not stop it.

Reactions: Will
Anyone tried Hiding the remote in their pocket and manually pushing the throttle stick UP during the QuickShot? I can try tomorrow or the day after... Maybe, but most lilkely will have to be past the weekend when I get my next chance for a flight.
Will the input manually take over the aircraft cancelling the shot?
Will it move at all?
Hoping this works cause if so leaning on something and having a controller behind your back wouldn't be noticeable in a shot, could make it seem like your hand is in your pocket :)

Lots of discussion floating around (eg DJI forum) about QuickShot modes not working properly right now. Was testing Dronie yesterday and it did not climb in height and did not stop and set distance away. Had to intervene to avoid a crash.

Reactions: Kimi and mcquoidd
Anyone tried Hiding the remote in their pocket and manually pushing the throttle stick UP during the QuickShot? I can try tomorrow or the day after... Maybe, but most lilkely will have to be past the weekend when I get my next chance for a flight.
Will the input manually take over the aircraft cancelling the shot?
Will it move at all?
Hoping this works cause if so leaning on something and having a controller behind your back wouldn't be noticeable in a shot, could make it seem like your hand is in your pocket :)

na no manual input at all, wont do anything and only wawy to get the control bqack is to hit cancel on the screen, which is also an issue, people arnt getting teh cancel done and then still crashing

I saw a post on the DJI boards. There was a screen shot of communication with DJI support. The note said engineering is aware that it's not working on a lot of Sparks and are working on it as part of whatever firmware update. I'm having the same problem.

Well, can't wait till it works cause I've got an amazing place to do it :)! As I'm sure we all do ;)

Well, can't wait till it works cause I've got an amazing place to do it :)! As I'm sure we all do ;)[/QUOTE

doing it manually is easy too, thought it would be hard to get in frame 100% of time , but if you go hard back for like 1 sec then hard up + back at same time, always in the frame... and can just look at the camera, rather do that then trust the flight mode haha

The only problem to that is it's really unattractive to have the drone flyer in the drone shot itself... And I wouldn't trust anyone else with my spark, so far I'm the only drone enthusiast I know down here that has an amazing personality and absolute humility :cool:
Oh, and didn't just happen to find themselves with a drone cause their parents like to buy them expensive toys... Almost left that out! :p

I saw a post on the DJI boards. There was a screen shot of communication with DJI support. The note said engineering is aware that it's not working on a lot of Sparks and are working on it as part of whatever firmware update. I'm having the same problem.
Hey guys yeah I'm having issues too, still having fun but I can't get any quickshot to work so I do everything Manuely, I hope an update will help

DJI
In this promo it highlights dronie and the final shot looks like what everyone is describing as the "new" dronie. This leads me to believe that dji redesigned dronie mode on purpose to go more back than up but I'm not sure why bc it is unanimously worse than before...

Isn’t there a way to set the direction and height Spark will fly when using the QuickShots with this last update?

Yes I experienced this and sucks because it was on a weekend trip and not sure when I'll be back again. My Spark just kept flying backwards and never went up. Hopefully a firmware update is on the horizon.

Doesn't DJI test these updates before they release them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme