Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Easiest/Simplest way to control FCC/CE for transmitter power?

I am conncenting to the drone with the remote controller and it can fly. But why is the wifi sygnal 0 ? Is that means tha tha range will be limited?
If you are using an OTG cable for the connection between RC and your phone, then there are some limitations:
  • Cannot change wifi band. In IOS, on android it don't seems correct (looks like PH3).
  • No signal level indication.
  • Loss of custom buttons setup (for ios devices only).
  • Not officially supported by dji, so it could be removed.
  • Some says that RC cannot be calibrated ? (not checked)
  • RTH maximum altitude is 50m (not checked)
So you can try using wifi between your phone and the RC and see if you get a correct reading for signal.

Reactions: weiss.hank
Holiday down the east coast. Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, plus stops in between.

Any recommendations for good spots to fly?
Heaps of good places too many to mention contact me when you are in Melbourne if you like

bennie

With Android ist very Simply. Download App Cloner and install the modded app 4.1.3. The modded app install as apk about app Cloner. Then u can start and connect the controller with otg connect with the modded app and he say reset connection because of location (he switch in fcc) the drone will reconnect. Then close the app and start the original dji app. The app will say "hey your connection is wrong for ur location" but u can cancel this and u are in fcc. It's works. U can check it your 2,4ghz has only 11 channels.
Sorry for my bad english. I hope understand it.

Does this still work? So I can use the new app but just dismiss the error message?

Does this still work? So I can use the new app but just dismiss the error message?

That's what I do all the time cause I fly with iOS. Always hitting that cancel/ignore button to stay in the current setting. Works with the new Firmware aswell.

That's what I do all the time cause I fly with iOS. Always hitting that cancel/ignore button to stay in the current setting. Works with the new Firmware aswell.
The same on android with the new firmware.
My Spark starts always in fcc without the trick. Since that last Update. I have only to cancel the popup. Works well.

The same on android with the new firmware.
My Spark starts always in fcc without the trick. Since that last Update. I have only to cancel the popup. Works well.
I've got it working last night. Feel like I have the Spark I paid for now :D. Pretty disappointed with DJI and their misleading advertising saying 1.2 mile range in the UK.

Unfortunately not working for me anymore (iOS)... it did work last week when I tested it (2km range with stock antenna) - but did not work anymore after firmware update yesterday (did the whole process again, App 4.1.3 & config - no change. Still 13 channels in 2.4, around 1km range in 2.4 with modded RC, but videofeed quite laggy)

Yeah it still works for me. Just tested it. 850 meters full signal 0 drop outs. Had to turn around because I flew into restricted airspace. Feels like a different drone now!

So now I'm lost. Does it work or not? :)

I didn´t get a confirmation from an iOS user so far - on Android it seems to work (all answers until now came from Android users). As the drone and rc are exactly the same for everybody, the only variable is the device - so it definitely depends on the device you´re using.

I didn´t get a confirmation from an iOS user so far - on Android it seems to work (all answers until now came from Android users). As the drone and rc are exactly the same for everybody, the only variable is the device - so it definitely depends on the device you´re using.
I'm trying tonight with brothers drone. He currently uses an iPhone to control it. But I'm gonna try and set it up via my android device and see if connecting via the iPhone keeps the same setting. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

I'm trying tonight with brothers drone. He currently uses an iPhone to control it. But I'm gonna try and set it up via my android device and see if connecting via the iPhone keeps the same setting. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Important update

Posted by me on Monday evening. Didnt update the App to 4.1.7 however, will do that aswell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar