Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Easiest/Simplest way to control FCC/CE for transmitter power?

Skeeter

Join
Aug 17, 2017
What's the easiest way to allow you to change from CE to FCC power restrictions on the Spark transmitter?

I have a spare iPhone and a spare Android which I'm happy to mess about with if it's easier to do it on the device rather than mess with Spark or RC firmware.

Get some air ticket and fly to the area you want to use :)
The best way is you go to Github and ask there. There is no official way to do it apart as above describe.

Sorry I misunderstood your intend.
So it is automatic based from Spark GPS or Go4 app location.

No you were right, im after a way to enable FCC power while in a CE country (UK, and next year Australia).

There is no easy way.

Actually, there is ("easy" depends on the background I guess - I work in IT, so wasn't´t too bad). Took me around 1,5h - you need to get an older version of the iOS app and then load a prepared config file. But be aware that you are then using an older app version, which might cause issues.

Just learned that it might be unwanted here to post more information about that topic, so I just link to this post: Hack Your Spark

Reactions: sebip
Actually, there is ("easy" depends on the background I guess - I work in IT, so wasn't´t too bad). Took me around 1,5h - you need to get an older version of the iOS app and then load a prepared config file. But be aware that you are then using an older app version, which might cause issues.

Just learned that it might be unwanted here to post more information about that topic, so I just link to this post: Hack Your Spark
Yes, it is unwanted as using an older version of the app is a risk and increasing the power will not make people struggling at 200 meters reaching 1000 meters.

I question what "older version" of the app refers to. On Android, I know the answer. But on iOS, it is still unanswered (for me).

I'm android so can't help I'm afraid.

How can I tell what mode I'm in? FCC or CE? Is there a read out in the app showing the mode or signal power that I can check?

If in 2.4G band you have 13 channels, you are CE mode, 11 = FCC.

Well the hacked app approach works a charm. Litterally took as much time/effort as uninstalling Go 4 and installing the hacked version.

Flew 500m away with not a hint of dropout or signal problems, having previously hit issues as soon as I went over 200m.

It tells you on the drone itself take off batt and have a look. Well thats what i presume anyway when i take off my batt and have a look it has CE written in large letters

It tells you on the drone itself take off batt and have a look. Well thats what i presume anyway when i take off my batt and have a look it has CE written in large letters

Thats just the Certification stamp. Mine has the CE stamp and the FCC id. I understand it is simply a function of where you are located. It knows where you are and adjusts the radio to the specification of the country.

I have my spark and the wifi icon on the go 4 app is. Ot lighting. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 62
With Android ist very Simply. Download App Cloner and install the modded app 4.1.3. The modded app install as apk about app Cloner. Then u can start and connect the controller with otg connect with the modded app and he say reset connection because of location (he switch in fcc) the drone will reconnect. Then close the app and start the original dji app. The app will say "hey your connection is wrong for ur location" but u can cancel this and u are in fcc. It's works. U can check it your 2,4ghz has only 11 channels.
Sorry for my bad english. I hope understand it.

Reactions: SparkerLA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar