Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Echoes of the Canyon

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Tglass0000.

Wow!

The closet thing to a canyon we have around here are gravel pits.

Thank you for sharing the beauty of nature.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Extraordinary. There's so much to like in this video. Especially liked the pull out of what I'm assuming was a circle flight mode around the mound's nipple.

The model was extraordinary as well

Reactions: graywoulf
You must do cinematography professionally. That was awesome in every way! I didn't think it would be legal to fly there though. But then again, for a video like that... who cares. I am interested in who the musical artist was. I love the music.

Reactions: Miket
Thank you all for your kind words. I've learned much over the last four months by reading this forum and flying my Spark when I can. I hope to learn more as I've already made enough mistakes to set some kind of record!

The location is on Navajo reservation land near Tuba City, AZ and I was allowed to shoot there as I was staying in a cabin owned by the family that has lived next to this canyon for many generations. The grandparents of my host lived in the decaying structure that appears towards the end of the video.

One of the elders told me that the canyon has an appetite; it will take your livestock, your equipment and even your life if you aren't careful! He knew of two people who lost their drones deep in the canyon. The mesa belongs to the Navajo but the canyon itself is Hopi land and no one, not even the Navajo, are allowed on the canyon floor without a Hopi guide. Unlike the Navajo, the Hopi will confiscate your gear and and arrest you for trespassing if they catch you.

My wife inquired with the Hopi to see if we could get a guide but they have suspended giving tours after some bad experiences with people who weren't physically up to the challenge.

The music was found at a royalty free link on Youtube. It's called "Native American Flute Music: Meditation Music for Shamanic Astral Projection, Healing Music

And my wife says thank you for the compliment!

Reactions: Spark 317
That sounds like quite an adventure and experience. I will have to watch that one a few times. And tell your wife that she is most deservedly welcome. ;) :D And the music reminded me of Carlo Nakai.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar