Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Epic HDR

RPL

Join
Jul 17, 2018
We had a dense fog advisory this morning, so I eagerly charged up one battery and took her to the sky. My goal was to ascend in altitude until I cleared the upper blanket of fog.

Well, it took a while until I finally cleared it, but boy was it worth it when I did. Some of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen while flying. I quickly snapped some pics using the AEB feature (my go to style of photography). Anyways, this is the end result. Needless to say, it was quite beautiful.
74CEF924-EF08-414F-BC5A-A6D97633499F.jpeg

Did you have trouble going back down with the fog being so dense . Awesome capture.

Reactions: RPL
Zeer mooi resultaat. Maar hoe is de terugkeer verlopen? Op RTH of handmatig?

Did you have trouble going back down with the fog being so dense . Awesome capture.
No troubles during the decent. However, there was some condensation that collected/built up on the aircraft. I cleaned it off as soon as it landed. As I said, it was one of the most amazing aerial views I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Poletramp
translation

Very nice result. But how did the return go? On RTH or manually?
It’s amazing how stable and accurate the GPS/Glonas is. Even though the Spark was way up high, it never once moved out of its Longitudal position. I manually brought it down with 100% accuracy, despite a 1 minute period of being in nothing but clouds. Amazing little bird.

Zeer mooi resultaat. Maar hoe is de terugkeer verlopen? Op RTH of handmatig?
This is RPL responce to your message
Dies ist die ursprüngliche Posterantwort auf Ihre Nachricht

Es ist erstaunlich, wie stabil und genau das GPS / Glonas ist. Obwohl der Funke weit oben war, bewegte er sich nie aus seiner Longituditalen Position heraus. Ich habe es manuell mit 100% Genauigkeit heruntergebracht, trotz einer 1-minütigen Periode, in der es nur Wolken gab. Erstaunlicher kleiner Vogel.

We had a dense fog advisory this morning, so I eagerly charged up one battery and took her to the sky. My goal was to ascend in altitude until I cleared the upper blanket of fog.

Well, it took a while until I finally cleared it, but boy was it worth it when I did. Some of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen while flying. I quickly snapped some pics using the AEB feature (my go to style of photography). Anyways, this is the end result. Needless to say, it was quite beautiful.
View attachment 7141

Fun Fact: Those steaks of sunlight from behind the clouds are called "crepuscular rays". Enter that term into a Google Image Search for more great pics like this one

Wikipedia: Crepuscular rays - Wikipedia

I use Photomatix to layer/process the AEB images in order to create HDR.

Reactions: pmshop
Would you mind posting a bit more about the AEB feature? I'm new to all of this and wanting to learn the photo side of things.

If I may, Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) is the photo setting on the spark that takes 3 rapid pictures.
First photo is a step under exposed from auto settings, Second is auto and the third is a step over exposed from auto.
The idea is to merge all three to make shadows pop and over exposed areas darkened a bit.
Example, use the sky from the first photo and the ground from the last photo...but much more advanced.
Then you would use Photomatix or a similar program that can merge the three photos to simulate an HDR photo.
Photomatix has a ton of adjustments to tweak the picture to perfection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar