Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FAA registration Identification

Reactions: Hddeuce03
i made a mistake registering for 107 a couple months ago and re-registerd for 336 today. Its easy to make a mistake when there is no mention of recreational on 336 but have it on 107.. Tricked me (hope you guys dont make the same mistake i did)

Do i need to go back in and cancel my 107 ???

upload_2018-7-11_17-7-28.png

i made a mistake registering for 107 a couple months ago and re-registerd for 336 today. Its easy to make a mistake when there is no mention of recreational on 336 but have it on 107.. Tricked me (hope you guys dont make the same mistake i did)

Do i need to go back in and cancel my 107 ???

View attachment 5735
No, you are good to go as 107 covers both recreational and commercial.

Reactions: Ran van
Will the 107 registration allow me to unlock areas to fly in vs the 336?
I live right next a no fly zone and it's starting to get annoying..
I too thought the spark was exempt from registering. (will register it today!)

Reactions: Geekd4d
For now...there is talk about changing it to not even concealed.
Must be clearly visible.
Keep an eye out on those FAA changes.

That's part of why forums like this are so important. All drone regulation should be considered fluid/temporary and even fairly flyers need to stay in the loop somehow.

Reactions: pmshop
WPForms If you are serious about your online blog or business, the thought of promoting online might have definitely crossed your mind who need

Last edited:
In Denmark, and soon to follow all over the EU, drone registration numbers including the owner name and phone number are to be clearly visible either on the top or sides of the drone, just like regular aircraft. If you join a hobby club that offers aircraft ID (like tail numbers on aircraft) that are supported by the local traffic authority, then you are required to display those too. Typically those are linked to the insurance offered by the club - but 'your mileage may vary'.

There is a big push to create UAV traffic management solutions - as the prediction that more and more commercial drone usage is going to happen in the future - so there are companies coming up with ways of using things like wifi and 4G mesh networks to determine UAV positions, and some sort of beacon (via software) may be required to be broadcast, giving the UAV details, just as in real aviation.

So expect changes around the world to make drone registration above a certain weight and class along with traffic management similar to aviation practices. I suspect this would mostly affect commercial pilots. Hobby flyers in your backyard or private farm in the middle of no-where would likely be unaffected.

Oh and by 'traffic management' I don't mean turning us into pilots with radios doing callouts for departure and arrival stuff. But the drone will at least broadcast an identity so that cities can track where it goes withing certain boundaries. Probably need to have flight plans registered somewhere too.

Currently here in Denmark, if I fly a job (photography, survery ,etc.) with anything above the weight of a toy racing drone, I have to file a flight plan with the local police 24 hours before the 'mission' - where I will be, how long is the flight, etc. I suspect this will become more automated over time.

I was under the impression the spark did not need to be registered But now I know. What is the registration procedure? Thank you.

The Spark definitely requires FAA registration to fly in US airspace as it is over the 250gm weight limit.

There is only one official website to do so
FAA DroneZone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe