Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FAA release

Did it, took no time and used pilots institute.
Well done. Brilliant. I’m in the U.K. as you can see but we love the whole of your country and get there as often as we can (not a lot over the past 18 months-we’ll not at all really!!). I reckon I am going to have to take the test to be able to fly there but am I able to do that? Can you recall, when you applied to take the test, whether it seemed to be a US only process or are Limey’s included? I could of course write to the FAA, with who I am registered and ask!

Reactions: dirkclod
Well done. Brilliant. I’m in the U.K. as you can see but we love the whole of your country and get there as often as we can (not a lot over the past 18 months-we’ll not at all really!!). I reckon I am going to have to take the test to be able to fly there but am I able to do that? Can you recall, when you applied to take the test, whether it seemed to be a US only process or are Limey’s included? I could of course write to the FAA, with who I am registered and ask!
To be honest I would say yes if you fly here and from what I have seen in our ther forums folks from all over have took it.
Being it’s free and you really can’t fail it i would take it. ?

Thanks. Having wasted your time for which apologies, I contacted the FAA and you are spot on. Will get down to it-alongside attempting our A2 Cert of Competency recently introduced here since leaving the EU! we guys seem to be enclosed in regulation making our hobby rather less fun than it used to be. Hey ho such is life and safety must come first.

Thanks. Having wasted your time for which apologies, I contacted the FAA and you are spot on. Will get down to it-alongside attempting our A2 Cert of Competency recently introduced here since leaving the EU! we guys seem to be enclosed in regulation making our hobby rather less fun than it used to be. Hey ho such is life and safety must come first.
No need for any apology my only time wasted is sleeping I can do that when I die ?

i have looked at the FAA Trust site but can’t really see anything about the syllabus nor whether any costs are involved. Also, how long did it take you to get up to speed to attempt the exam? We have a Drone Code here which sets out things like max height, flying near buildings/people etc-is there something like that over there?

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, twickers, I'm arriving late to this FAA news and think the following copied from the TRUST site may provide the answer:

"The FAA provides education and testing content to FAA Approved Test Administrators of TRUST, who in turn provide the content to recreational flyers for free.

The TRUST is divided into two sections:
The first section provides you with the information needed to pass the test.

The second section is a series of multiple choice questions. You cannot fail the test. If you answer a question incorrectly you will be provided with information on why the answer you chose was incorrect and will be promoted to try again.

Upon completion of the TRUST you will receive a completion certificate. The certificate never expires however if you lose your certificate you will need to re-take the test and obtain a new certificate. Neither the test administrator, nor the FAA, will maintain personally identifiable information about the recreational flyer so it is not possible to re-print or re-issue your original certificate".

I haven't followed the links to any of the authorized test sites, but it sounds like section 1 has all the info needed to answer the test questions in section 2.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, twickers, I'm arriving late to this FAA news and think the following copied from the TRUST site may provide the answer:

"The FAA provides education and testing content to FAA Approved Test Administrators of TRUST, who in turn provide the content to recreational flyers for free.

The TRUST is divided into two sections:
The first section provides you with the information needed to pass the test.

The second section is a series of multiple choice questions. You cannot fail the test. If you answer a question incorrectly you will be provided with information on why the answer you chose was incorrect and will be promoted to try again.

Upon completion of the TRUST you will receive a completion certificate. The certificate never expires however if you lose your certificate you will need to re-take the test and obtain a new certificate. Neither the test administrator, nor the FAA, will maintain personally identifiable information about the recreational flyer so it is not possible to re-print or re-issue your original certificate".

I haven't followed the links to any of the authorized test sites, but it sounds like section 1 has all the info needed to answer the test questions in section 2.
Thanks for this. Bearing in mind the FAA seems to want to ensure we pilots are well briefed on all the requirements of the Law and to be able to answer all the questions correctly this doesn’t sound like an exam rather a tutorial with Q and As at the end. Anyway, will give it a go and see how I get on. Again thanks.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
twickers, you have to go through the tutorial to get to the questions but I would bet you already know all the correct answers and will have no problem with the TRUST test.

twickers, you have to go through the tutorial to get to the questions but I would bet you already know all the correct answers and will have no problem with the TRUST test.
Thanks DJ. Thought that might be the form so I need to find a bit of time to sit down and give it a go.

Guys you can’t fail it.
This guy is a vender in one of our sites and took it through him.
I do try and use our venders whenever I can as they keep all our forums going but use who you want. ?

Guys you can’t fail it.
This guy is a vender in one of our sites and took it through him.
I do try and use our venders whenever I can as they keep all our forums going but use who you want. ?
Amory looks to be in the most beautiful countryside and with Aberdeen and Athens no too far away you are spoilt for choice where to fly!

Amory looks to be in the most beautiful countryside and with Aberdeen and Athens no too far away you are spoilt for choice where to fly!
I am,we are just country folks without many NFZ’s. Not many hills
or nothing else cool to fly around but what few of us thst do fly
never have any issues like most other places ?

Reactions: twickers14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast