Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fake GPS app to change from CE to FCC and RTH effect

Im also in CE but in FCC mode. Anyway you Spark is trustworthy whether it is long or short distances. Even over water it is pretty reliable. I changed my remote controller settings to be in US region. So none of this Fake GPS stuff to worry about. 3km is easy target. Just got to trust your Sparky. Anyway will pm you.

Hi, I am a new and happy Spark owner also troubled with low signal lange. I live in EU.

I have tried to do the Fake GPS trick for hours with no luck. I still got 13 channels (CE) no mather what i do.

Can anyone please explain the how to change the remote controller settings?

Thank you :)

Just follow Haggi's video instructions. (Thanks Haggi!)
It works great. Give your spark some time to reset properly.
And maybe, make sure you do it indoors so you dont have external GPS reference when you set the fake location (of this i am not sure).
And also, to enjoy a perfect flight at long distances, you can add an OTG cable which gives a much better video feed back on your phone...

Just follow Haggi's video instructions. (Thanks Haggi!)
It works great. Give your spark some time to reset properly.
And maybe, make sure you do it indoors so you dont have external GPS reference when you set the fake location (of this i am not sure).
And also, to enjoy a perfect flight at long distances, you can add an OTG cable which gives a much better video feed back on your phone...

Thank you for your reply

I was very happy with the new bracketing and pano features in the stock app. Seems to be missing in the mod?

What about the controller settings mentioned in this thread?
Can anyone explain?

Of course... good chance...
Just read the posts!!!
For example read the 1st of this thread

Of course... good chance...
Just read the posts!!!
For example read the 1st of this thread

Thanks. Although that video was posted on youtube by Italjohn13 and in this forum by Gareth. No mention of Haggi, hence the confusion

HI. I installed the DJI Go4 mod 2.0 App.
I didn't need to install any fake GPS app at all it works in FCC mode without it :)
The only thing is that in the settings it says I'm in China, and the map is com+pletely empty. This causes that I can't set a home point, and RTH doesn't work.
Anyone haveing the similar problem, or knows how to get the normal GPS function to work with the RTH function, but still in FCC mode?

HI. I installed the DJI Go4 mod 2.0 App.
I didn't need to install any fake GPS app at all it works in FCC mode without it :)
The only thing is that in the settings it says I'm in China, and the map is com+pletely empty. This causes that I can't set a home point, and RTH doesn't work.
Anyone haveing the similar problem, or knows how to get the normal GPS function to work with the RTH function, but still in FCC mode?
View attachment 9860
Check the other thread you opened.

I've done that. Before 1st flight. Not exactly with the same fake GPS app.
Everything works flawless, including RTH. I just can't see channel bars.
I fly with official app here and there only. I mostly fly with dedicated Android, where I have MOD2 and LITE apps, I'm using OTG. I can't notice any difference between those 2 and official one, except additional features. I probably wouldn't need OTG, but it works flawless and I have it - tiny Spark dedicated one. 4 € on ebay.
My sequence was:
- Uninstall original app.
- Delete original app.
- Delete complete DJI folder (with logs etc).
- Delete cache memory on phone.
- Enable developer options on the phone.
- Enable fake GPS location in developer options.
- Install fake GPS app.
- Switch off GPS, wifi, bluetooth and mobile data on the phone. Flight mode with wifi only will be OK.
- Connect your phone wifi with wifi netowrk to enable internet access.
- Start fake GPS app - on the map go somewhere you know FCC is allowed, press ''play''.
- Go to Google maps and you'll see ''where you are''. This is how you'll make sure that fake gps app works. In my case, first fake gps app didn't work, second did.
- Leave fake gps app active.
- Download and install latest DJI 4.2.6 app. I didn't use google play, I dowloaded it directly from DJI web site.
- Switch ON RC, switch ON Spark, wait for green LED on RC.
- Connect your phone wifi with RC wifi. Start app, login with your account, select ''Go Fly''.
- App will prompt you to reset wifi settings. If your Spar was in CE before that, hit confirm.
- Wait Spark and RC to reset wifi - reset if necessarry.
- You should be in FCC mode.
- Switch off spark and RC, exit app. Go also to settings and force shut down the app.
- Stop fake GPS app, go also to settings and force shut down fake gps app.
- Switch ON real gps, mobile data and WiFi on your phone. Bloetooth is not needed, even more, advised to be switched OFF. You don't need it for Spark.
- Connect your RC with spark. Wait for green LED. Connect your phone wifi with RC wifi.
- Open Go4 app, tap Go Fly. App will prompt you to reset wifi since you are flying in another country / region. HIT CANCEL THIS TIME AND EACH NEXT TIME YOU WILL FLY. Otherwise you will have to do complete procedure again. Now you have to be aware that since you ''forgot'' to reset wifi, you might not be entirely ''by the book''. Its up to you. As said many times, take care for safety and use common sense how, where and how far you will fly.
- To be 100%, fly your spark, keep LOS and you should be able to fly MUCH MUCH further then in CE mode.
- As told, I've never seen channel bars, I also can't see / estimate if I have 11 or 13 channels. I just know that I can go above 1000m. 1st image transmission warning at 1050m.That's all I wanted. To be sure that I have reliable signal within 500m radius.

Good luck and report back.;)

If this works for you, give credits to forum member Haggi.
Why does it need dji go 4 version 4.2.6?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav