Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Farewell

JoostGT3

Join
Nov 9, 2017
Loc
Netherlands
My fellow droners,
As it is customary to introduce yourself on these forums, I guess it would be nice as well to say farewell. I haven't been a real active member, as my Mavic 2 Pro was always my primary drone. After purchasing the Mavic Mini, the Spark has been collecting some dust, so I sold it to a new happy owner. Today I ordere the FPV, so I guess I can't complain! I'll probably run into some of you on either the Mavic or the FPV forums.

Thanks for all your combined knowledge, beautiful movies and photos, and generally a real good athmosphere! I wish you all the best.
Cheers, Joost

Goodbye from the Hoosier Heartland JoostGT3. ?

I'm glad the Spark has found a new home and congratulations on the DJI FPV chapter in the life of a drone pilot. ?

From the reviews I've seen it looks like a fun aircraft.

You're always welcome here so stop by and share a post and video from time to time.

I'll pop over to the site and visit too. ?

Goodbye from the Hoosier Heartland JoostGT3. ?

I'm glad the Spark has found a new home and congratulations on the DJI FPV chapter in the life of a drone pilot. ?

From the reviews I've seen it looks like a fun aircraft.

You're always welcome here so stop by and share a post and video from time to time.

I'll pop over to the site and visit too. ?

Thanks! And am I right if I understand you ordered the FPV as well? Congrats, will sure be exciting! Keep it safe!
Cheers Joost

Thanks! And am I right if I understand you ordered the FPV as well? Congrats, will sure be exciting! Keep it safe!
Cheers Joost

No. I did not order one. Just window shopping right now. ?

I'm still learning the nuances of the MA2 but I still fly the Spark regularly.

Cheers Joost. We'll miss you and as Spark 317 says hope you’ll pop back now and again. All this new kit available makes me very jealous but until I can get to the States I won’t be buying. Also won’t be flying for a bit-third new hip just gone in so the summer beckons! All going well though.

You'll be back, I left once coz I bought a mini but compared to the Spark it's rubbish.
So sold the mini and now got three Sparks.
The Spark was a really good effort from DJI and I still love it. It does everything I want and more
it's also super rugged to bung in a tiny backpack to have with you when an opportunity arises.
It's all to easy to follow the latest thing, but not necessary.
Enjoy whatever your doing...

now got three Sparks.
You got me beat by one Merlin and I agree on their worth. I'm truly not excited about the FPV. I'm really fearful that if people don't obey the rules with them that it could end the sport.
I've watched them fly at a local RC course and that's where they belong!...if that's your thing.

FPV (First Person View) drones are usually home built quads that are fast and maneuverable when piloted by a skilled operator wearing FPV goggles.

Here are some for sale.

And here's a video from Mr. Steele that is probably one of the best FPV pilots out there.

You constantly have to be on the throttle to fly one of these things.

I think the DJI FPV has some ability to switch from an FPV to a regular drone and may be easier to fly for the inexperienced pilots.

FPV (First Person View) drones are usually home built quads that are fast and maneuverable when piloted by a skilled operator wearing FPV goggles.

Here are some for sale.
And here's a video from Mr. Steele that is probably one of the best FPV pilots out there.

You constantly have to be on the throttle to fly one of these things.

I think the DJI FPV has some ability to switch from an FPV to a regular drone and may be easier to fly for the inexperienced pilots.
Wow that is a beast and beautifully flown. Presume no speed up in edit? So it’s all done with the goggles and an RC that must be super sensitive-there was one moment early on where it ducked under a low bush and we presume agin that it did not crash. Frankly we could fly our Sparks with FPV on a device/goggles although much slower but a spot of speed up at edit would sort that. Thanks for the attachments. Suspect that if I ever get another drone it would be an MA2. Not going anywhere at the mo with a new hip!

Presume no speed up in edit? So it’s all done with the goggles and an RC that must be super sensitive-there was one moment early on where it ducked under a low bush and we presume again that it did not crash.

Yes. Real time and no edits.

On most of his videos he has a camera looking at the R/C showing the stick inputs in relation to the aircraft being flown. Very fast inputs as he fly's upside down, corkscrews, etc.

I get a little queasy from motion sickness when watching them. ?

Some of the FPV drones have a "turtle" mode that can flip itself upside right if it crashes and lands upside down if it survived the crash on top of building that may be inaccessible.

Suspect that if I ever get another drone it would be an MA2.

I purchased one back in August and I haven't flown it much due to work and weather.

It is a very nice drone with a longer flight time, camera, and transmission via OcuSync.

Well worth the investment since I wanted an upgrade.

The mini 2 is also a contender for a Spark upgrade but wasn't around when I purchased the MA2.
Not going anywhere at the mo with a new hip!

Hope you are recuperating well.
From what I hear it's a heck of a procedure, but the patients are pleased with the results after all is healed.

That is all so helpful thanks. Will have a look at more of his stuff later-nothing else to do! Love the green imojie for “queasy”. Glad you are a MA2 fan! Gives me confidence when we finally get back over the pond to pay my friends at Best Buy a visit! Yep the hip requires a bit of yank in all the wrong directions but this is my 3rd so been there done that!! Take care.

Glad you found a new home for your Spark, Congrats on the new purchase and have fun out there. Stay and Fly Safe!!!!

Reactions: ZPARK and JoostGT3
Thanks for all your kind messages guys!
Truth is... with the FPV, even my Mavic 2 Pro is gathering dust now! :eek: I try to get out flying every time the weather and schedule permit it, just to buzz around with the FPV. It is só much fun! Just cruisin' around for the fun of it, rather than to feel "obliged" to be filming or taking photos. Enjoy the view, do some loopings, get low in between the trees... I can recommend it to everyone!

I have been creating little youtube movies of my adventures with the FPV, which you can see HERE. I'm not very good at editing movies, but I enjoy these documentations of the fun I have flying! As a shameless plug, here's the latest footage, where I finally found a suitable area where I could start flying in between the trees, rather than high above them:

How is everybody here? Many people switching to the new Air 2S? I guess the "spark folk" are mostly sticking to the spark, right? It caters to a peculiar bunch I guess. I must say, I miss my Spark a little bit. My other drones do almost everything better (photo/film quality, range, flight time), but there was something to the Spark that just made it desirable. I almost wish I kept it to keep it as a decorative item!

A big hug, and best to all of you!
-Joost-

That looked like a ton of fun Joost! Appears you're catching onto FPV very quickly. ? I have to get into this at some point but my wallet keeps slowing me down, meanwhile DJI keeps filling the queue! :D

I can’t keep up with all these developments and certainly my wallet can’t either. This is amazing footage and I marvel at the aerobatics as well as the bravery of flying as this film shows. Nothing wrong with the editing, it shows it how it is and how you want which is all that matters. Enjoy your fleet!

Reactions: JoostGT3
My fellow droners,
As it is customary to introduce yourself on these forums, I guess it would be nice as well to say farewell. I haven't been a real active member, as my Mavic 2 Pro was always my primary drone. After purchasing the Mavic Mini, the Spark has been collecting some dust, so I sold it to a new happy owner. Today I ordere the FPV, so I guess I can't complain! I'll probably run into some of you on either the Mavic or the FPV forums.

Thanks for all your combined knowledge, beautiful movies and photos, and generally a real good athmosphere! I wish you all the best.
Cheers, Joost
All the best and thanks for the great feedback. I am almost in the same boat... I am contemplating passing my Spark along to someone who is interested... my Mavic Air 2 is all I need now. (And not jumping on the S anytime soon)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov