Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FCC mode tutorial for Apple and Android

Sparkzup

Join
Aug 19, 2018
Loc
The North.
Hi. Since a lot of people have been asking how to switch into FCC mode on both Android and iOS (Apple), I’ve made a tutorial on how to switch, including both systems.

(Please excuse my rubbish presenting skills, and the slight balls-up with the graphics part way through!

It doesn't work for Mavic Pro, just for Mavic air.
I think this should be clear.

Hartstikke bedankt Sparkzup (NL?)
Maar wat met de RTH in deze toepassing. Return to Dallas bvb??o_Oo_O

Hartstikke bedankt Sparkzup (NL?)
Maar wat met de RTH in deze toepassing. Return to Dallas bvb??o_Oo_O
This is why you need to set the good GPS signal back. Then the remote wants to reboot what they call WiFi (between remote controller and spark) to go back to EU, because your phone knows your real location , and you have to hit "cancel" every time you fly so it stays in the "wrong WiFI mode for your actual location" which is FCC :)

I have been flying in Japan since the time I bought my SPARK and always felt handicapped due to the poor range.
462m (1516 ft) is the best I had got with OTG. Wi-Fi was obviously worse.
So, I searched a number of forums here and finally learnt how to force FCC mode.
And Voila! There you have it. 1,342m (4403 ft) without really trying to push the limit as it was my first attempt. I would like to thank all the experts here for making life easier for us novices. Can't explain how happy I am today.

Capture.JPG

Is using FCC mode that much of an advantage in the States ??

Yes. Better range.

Screenshot_20190102-113205~2.png

It sucks for the CE pilots.
You pay full price and get a third of the range.

Is using FCC mode that much of an advantage in the States ??

If you are in USA you are in FCC mode automatically.

FCC = standard in USA (power around 0.4W)
CE = standard in many european countries (power under 0.1W)

There are a few other countries with in-between power but the most powerful mode provided by the system according to your actual position is FCC. Then you can also find other, more complicated hacks, that allow you to have more power and range. But for flights outside USA (like an american tourist in Europe), FCC mode gives a better strenght in signal (and more range).

I followed this, and im on FCC here in Norway on my Spark.

So it is still working as of 2019, latest firmware on the Spark and DJI GO 4.3.8

The only thing i need to do is to press cancel on the WiFi message that comes up when i start DJI GO app.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAMaire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert