Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Finally got my Spark

BillOh

Join
Feb 20, 2019
Loc
Columbus, Ohio
I actually bought it 6 months ago and put it away till my Birthday/Father's day. Got it out last night and tried to set it up. The controller doesn't want to sync up with my Samsung S8+. I gave up and got out my Ipad and it set up easily. The only problem with that is the Ipad is an Ipad pro -12" screen and I really don't want to use that to fly. I may buy an Ipad mini soon, but till then any tips on getting the samsung to work? Maybe now that it talked to the Ipad it will talk to the Galaxy? I did buy an OTG cable from Amazon, but like a lot of crap you get from China on Amazon, it was the wrong cable.

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
I actually bought it 6 months ago and put it away till my Birthday/Father's day. Got it out last night and tried to set it up. The controller doesn't want to sync up with my Samsung S8+. I gave up and got out my Ipad and it set up easily. The only problem with that is the Ipad is an Ipad pro -12" screen and I really don't want to use that to fly. I may buy an Ipad mini soon, but till then any tips on getting the samsung to work? Maybe now that it talked to the Ipad it will talk to the Galaxy? I did buy an OTG cable from Amazon, but like a lot of crap you get from China on Amazon, it was the wrong cable.

Congrats and happy birthday! Well, try reversing the connections with your OTG cable. Was your phone trying to charge the controller by any chance? They typically only work in one direction. If its the wrong way around, the phone will try to charge the controller.

Yea. The out-of-the-box instructions don't work with android. They're supposed to.

Follow this instead:

Reactions: BillOh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe