Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Finally made a long overdue upgrade!

Chrislaf

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
ON, Canada
After long wanting to make an upgrade to a better camera drone, I finally made the jump. For the longest time I had been considering the the Mavic 2 Pro because of the adjustable aperture and 1 inch sensor, but I was waiting for the price to drop and it never did. Then the Air 2s came out and it had everything I wanted BUT no adjustable aperture. Finally, the Mavic 3 came out and it had everything the other 2 drones had and more (an adjustable aperture, a larger 4/3rd's sensor, and two cameras) but the price was was a bit hard to swallow. I waited a bit until some of the bugs had been worked out and then I made my jump - now I have myself a new Mavic 3!

I just got the basic package with an extra battery and the charging hub. Have made 4 flights so far and am still getting used to it as it is a major step up from my Phantom 3 standard and my Spark. Being 99% into photography, I love the camera and I feel like the camera is now much closer in quality to my two DSLRs. Looking forward to flying it more when the weather clears up a bit.

Looking forward to using it on our camping trip we are re-planning to Newfoundland this summer that was cancelled two years ago due to the pandemic.

Chris

Congrats Chris, shots should be sweet!
Thanks, I’m glad I waited. I love the 2 camera system.

In the few flights I have been able to do so far, the dynamic range from the main camera and the natural colours have been fantastic. Looking forward to doing more flights and exploring some low light shots which the 4/3rds sensor apparently does very well in.

Despite all the complaints about the Tele camera over at the Mavic Pilots forum, I have been impressed by it. I did a 3 row, 18 shot pano at 7X zoom with the Tele camera the other day of some early settlement ruins (1910) and I was blown away by the detail of the stitched pano. I could never have got that close to the ruins from above without the Tele due to the trees and losing VLOS.

It was an expensive drone, but hey, I’m retired and I’m not getting any younger!

Still love my versatile little Spark though!

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast