Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware Upgrade

DJIBILL

Join
Dec 21, 2018
I bought a second NOS ( new old stock) controller on ebay. I had to update the firmware before i could use it. I have a Samsung S8+ . the firmware update went well. I also bought some NOS batteries. When I used them said that there was a firmware mismatch did not say for what and i was thinking i just upgraded the firmware did not know it was for the batteries. so then it forced to do the firmware update said can not take off. So I did each battery and you have to be really patient. from 0-99% it downloads the firmware , then from 99%-100% it installs the update. both center LEDs were on on the battery. After about 5 minutes the spark rebooted on it's own and the DJI GO4 app said that the install was successful. I know the controller firmware update paused at 99% also....not sure how long.

I had my Spark connected to DJI Assistant just to see what it could do for me. It required that the Spark be turned on. While I was probing around, I started smelling a "someone left the burner on" smell. The Spark very hot to the touch even with its fan running.

If I ever need DJI Assistant, I'm going to run it outside in the middle of winter! Spark cooled off and seems to be just fine.

I had my Spark connected to DJI Assistant just to see what it could do for me. It required that the Spark be turned on. While I was probing around, I started smelling a "someone left the burner on" smell. The Spark very hot to the touch even with its fan running.

If I ever need DJI Assistant, I'm going to run it outside in the middle of winter! Spark cooled off and seems to be just fine.
That's scary! Might want to have a bucket of water standing by ☠

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast