Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First flight..can you remember?

Gduk

Join
Aug 27, 2019
First flight. trying to take endless pics of drone code to sync, head scratching, until I got a 'fly' symbol, first flight? a lame 100 foot up and down, then I got brave, and actually moved a couple of feet away and down, home , chuffed I landed, complete, scared, lame and pathetic, I figure as the drones get cheaper, and the Spark gets older, we will risk it more, and by doing so get greater pics and videos..first year I treated it like a delicate, flying camera....and now, maybe, still a bit lame ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I do remember it well, it was my M1P, about 4 years ago . . . flew there again today for some prop testing, again with the M1P.
Spark had 3 batteries charged to fly afterwards, but alas it started sprinkling rain so packed up and left.
Tomorrow the Spark might get a fly.
I still have the first airborne photos taken with the Mavic Pro and Spark too.

First flight. trying to take endless pics of drone code to sync, head scratching, until I got a 'fly' symbol, first flight? a lame 100 foot up and down, then I got brave, and actually moved a couple of feet away and down, home , chuffed I landed, complete, scared, lame and pathetic, I figure as the drones get cheaper, and the Spark gets older, we will risk it more, and by doing so get greater pics and videos..first year I treated it like a delicate, flying camera....and now, maybe, still a bit lame ;)
I had same feelings and did a very similar flight still get stressed at any distance flight if Spark came down in rough country I am not physically capable of climbing over rough terrain

I seriously remember my first flight. Flying this $700 CAD Spark. I didn't have my controller yet but wanted to get airborne. So, I found a big open space in the front yard. Started it up, lifted up to 10 ft, held, and landed again. That was my first flight! :D

I had flown with a cheapo drone lots, and learned a lot about flight and angles etc but, this was serious. Then when my remote came it became a whole new world. Still to this day, one of the greatest pieces of photography kit that I've bought!

i thought it was something just turning on the spark the first time with the beep and to props shake a bit.

First flight was a MjJX Bugs 5W. Height of the pandemic, I figured it would give me something to do and incorporate 2 things I liked, RC and photography.

I ordered my drone and waited 2 months because of COVID delays on items exported from China. 8 weeks pass and I get the notification from fed-ex that today my package was arriving. It came, I unboxed it, checked out all the components and spent the next couple of hours charging batteries.

In the meantime I read and read the manuals, watched all the YouTube videos and was pretty confident that I was ready to fly once the batteries were charged. Finally the batteries were charged, compass calibrated, everything was ready.

i take off in my tree infested backyard and much to my surprise I filled for 8 minutes before I messed up and in a panic hit RTH accidentally and watched my drone attempt to rise to 50 meters before flying into a tree on the way up and having into a branch by one of the prop guards.

I eventually got the drone to fly out of the tree but it was my bad luck that instead of flying upand away it d flew straight into the ground at about 20 mph right at my feet.

By the time I got the parts I needed to fix it I had learned to fly and had already bought a Tello and a Spark.

my first flight was with a drone my niece and nephew gave me. it was one of those $30 drones that could get swept away with the slightest wind. I once had to attach two really long bamboo poles together to knock it out of a tree. I do " IT " for a living and really discounted work for the Congregation of the church i go to. One guy had me recover data from his home/work computer. I told him $30 and he said ok wrote me a check for $250. So with that and a little more I bought a DJI Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme