Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First movie - local lake

Nice location, you need to get some more altitude, and you are brave flying over water so soon. Do be careful. Reflective surfaces can cause issues with the Spark's VPS if you get too close to the water, your spark may go swimming. I am curious about that fenced in area in front of the building.. what is that about?

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Its a great place to fly and that evening there was no wind at all.

I did spend two full batteries there so most of the footage is not in the clip... as you point out, flying over water can be very dangerous. I have seen quite a few clips where drones end up in the water or move down by themselves against the water-surface.

I tried to keep it as safe as I possibly could as in no wind, good gps lock, keep the drone close to me and not going too low when above water.

The fenced area is a waterfall.. you can see the hole in front of it there. When water level gets to high in the lake it runs down there. Fence is there to keep people from falling in when walking from parking lot to the beach I was standing on.

It was two groups of people on the beach there that evening so asked them if it was ok that I flew my drone so thats why I didnt film the beach.

Cool.... well, keep up the great work. Most of us record everything and dispose of 90% of it before we get a video worth sharing. I posted all my early flights, 1-20 or so, and the good folks here made helpful comments, nobody will object to the early stuff... we've been there, done that.:p Ooh! New smileys after the forum upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar