Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying over the Wild Creek Reservoir Dam

joeke3el

Join
Jun 25, 2019
Out in Carbon County, PA, in the township of Towamensing, is the Bethlehem Municipal Water Authority and their two reservoirs. Here is some footage of the Wild Creek Reservoir which feeds into the Wild Creek Falls and on into the Beltzville Lake.

Out in Carbon County, PA, in the township of Towamensing, is the Bethlehem Municipal Water Authority and their two reservoirs. Here is some footage of the Wild Creek Reservoir which feeds into the Wild Creek Falls and on into the Beltzville Lake.

That’s the BEST video I’ve seen!!! Absolutely flawless!!! Two things...One, your video has gone a long way toward my getting past the fear of flying over water and Two, I’m wondering what editing program you used!
I definitely subscribed and I’m looking forward to learning more about cinematography from watching your videos! Cheers, Paul :)

That’s the BEST video I’ve seen!!! Absolutely flawless!!!

I don't know about that, but thank you for your kind words. As for flying over water, it definitely gets the heart rate going a little. I'm very particular about conditions, especially over the water. I use the UAV Forecast app and look for the most ideal conditions. I look for a Kp of 3 or less and more than 10 locked satellites before executing a flight. I also calibrate the compass before each flight and examine the drone closely, particularly the props for hairline fractures, etc. I also find reservoirs ideal because there is nothing built up around them; therefore, no radio interference nearby from homes, stores, etc.

My editing software is Cyberlink PowerDirector 17. I like it a lot and YouTube is loaded with great howtos on the product. Thank you for watching it.

Joe

Great video‼️

Reactions: joeke3el
What a pleasure to watch. The pace, composite, music and transitions were fantastic. All that along with the smooth flying I forgot I was watching a drone video. . . and I think that is a success. I think a video like this you would want your audience to think about the subject of the video and not how it's being filmed. Great job.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeke3el
yes very nice . are you allowed to fly around and over the dam .
Hi NRRTRAINS, I did some research and found nothing about restrictions on dams of this type. The only outlawed areas that include dams is a list published by the FAA of 10 US monuments and dams where you can not come within 400 feet of them. I'll leave the link below. I also checked my B4UFLY app and got the "ok" to fly. If there are any local restrictions on that area, I couldn't find it.

Thanks for watching it.

Joe

you
Hi NRRTRAINS, I did some research and found nothing about restrictions on dams of this type. The only outlawed areas that include dams is a list published by the FAA of 10 US monuments and dams where you can not come within 400 feet of them. I'll leave the link below. I also checked my B4UFLY app and got the "ok" to fly. If there are any local restrictions on that area, I couldn't find it.

Thanks for watching it.

Joe
you are probably correct . if you were in a NFZ most likely you would get a message and you would be grounded ( from DJI GO 4 APP ) . from the video it looks like is a nice place to fly around , have fun .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex