Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

flying/photography/fresh air at the coast... what more can you ask for :)

I've always enjoyed the sound of waves crashing on the shore, very relaxing. I'm not sure about every 7th wave being bigger Brian but I know they can travel in sets. When the weather was bad we'd have to time sets of waves in order to get a vessel safely through a shallow harbour entry. Usually seemed to travel in sets of 4 or 5. If you didn't time it right you'd get hit in the stern with the next set and that would feel like a big wave hitting. If the tide is also running against the vessel it can get the boat turned sideways quite quickly and roll over. Rogue waves are also intriguing and can be quite deadly.

Here's a short online article you may find interesting: Do Ocean Waves Really Travel in Sets of 7?

I've always enjoyed the sound of waves crashing on the shore, very relaxing. I'm not sure about every 7th wave being bigger Brian but I know they can travel in sets. When the weather was bad we'd have to time sets of waves in order to get a vessel safely through a shallow harbour entry. Usually seemed to travel in sets of 4 or 5. If you didn't time it right you'd get hit in the stern with the next set and that would feel like a big wave hitting. If the tide is also running against the vessel it can get the boat turned sideways quite quickly and roll over. Rogue waves are also intriguing and can be quite deadly.

Here's a short online article you may find interesting: Do Ocean Waves Really Travel in Sets of 7?
wow... never thought of checking the basis for my Dad's saying...
That is soooo cool to hear it again, even if it is subject for debate.

When I make these 'thoughts to screen' vids I never know the value of them, to anyone else... To hear you recount how you have encountered waves and their sets is to know I have triggered memories... wow , it's sooo cool to know that RotorWash!
Thank you very much for the memories and the link.
I have just added a MPP to my squadron so am looking forward to 4k footage of waves breaking on the shore...
MPP.jpg

wow... never thought of checking the basis for my Dad's saying...
That is soooo cool to hear it again, even if it is subject for debate.

When I make these 'thoughts to screen' vids I never know the value of them, to anyone else... To hear you recount how you have encountered waves and their sets is to know I have triggered memories... wow , it's sooo cool to know that RotorWash!
Thank you very much for the memories and the link.
I have just added a MPP to my squadron so am looking forward to 4k footage of waves breaking on the shore...
View attachment 13803
Hey that's great Brian, the shore shots will be awesome in 4K with the MPP. You are going to need a bigger hangar soon to hold all the different craft! Love it! ?

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex