Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Follow me mode

That's quite encouraging - this is the type of thing I'll use the Spark for. It won't replace the Mavic but I want to take the Spark on holiday

Hello. New to drones. Considering buying spark or mavic depends on expert member advice. My passion is desert offroading. My terrain is soft sand desert with lots of dunes. My offroading involves dune bashing which is climbing/jumping over dunes, maneuvering in between dunes etc. My question is will I be able to take action footage in follow me mode whereby the drone circles around my truck at a 2 to 3 meters high as it follows it? If yes what is the ideal app to do this and would a spark do the job or I need to spend on a mavic? Thanks

Hello. New to drones. Considering buying spark or mavic depends on expert member advice. My passion is desert offroading. My terrain is soft sand desert with lots of dunes. My offroading involves dune bashing which is climbing/jumping over dunes, maneuvering in between dunes etc. My question is will I be able to take action footage in follow me mode whereby the drone circles around my truck at a 2 to 3 meters high as it follows it? If yes what is the ideal app to do this and would a spark do the job or I need to spend on a mavic? Thanks
I’m guessing you’ll be disappointed. I would recommend the Mavic.

I am the co-driver for an off-road racing team here in Oregon and I've been trying to find a drone that would have the speed capabilities to follow our truck during short course races. I'm not quite sure the Spark has either the speed or the battery capacity to do what you're asking of it. Even on a small track, I'm skeptical as to whether or not the Spark would be able to keep up or follow our truck for a full race. However, I have yet to test these theories. As redrydermedia suggested, I'd go with the Mavic if you're looking for something like what you're asking. Either way, please let me know how it works out and which one you ended up using. I'd be REALLY curious to know how it works out for you.

I am the co-driver for an off-road racing team here in Oregon and I've been trying to find a drone that would have the speed capabilities to follow our truck during short course races. I'm not quite sure the Spark has either the speed or the battery capacity to do what you're asking of it. Even on a small track, I'm skeptical as to whether or not the Spark would be able to keep up or follow our truck for a full race. However, I have yet to test these theories. As redrydermedia suggested, I'd go with the Mavic if you're looking for something like what you're asking. Either way, please let me know how it works out and which one you ended up using. I'd be REALLY curious to know how it works out for you.
Thank you

Will keep you posted

Nice! Tried spark today it couldn't keep up with offroading speed and manoeuvers but biggest issue is flight duration in sport mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex