Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fun Accessories or Add-ons

adonati

Join
Apr 20, 2020
I have seen some fun add-ons like megaphone speakers, claws for grabbing/transporting objects, floaters for landing on water, etc. What have you done and/or recommend to enhance the experience.

Reactions: Spark 317
What have you done and/or recommend to enhance the experience.

Buy more batteries to enhance the experience! ?

I'm up to nine.?

The Spark is small and there's not a lot of room to mount a bunch of stuff, let alone carry something during flight.

The float kit is neat, but I wouldn't trust it. One wrong gust of wind, ripple of water, or a jump from a nearby fish would probably flip the Spark. But the plus side is, it's still floating for easy retrieval, just upside down.?

One item that I have added to enhance the Spark is a good set of filters for smooth video and pictures.
I have the PolarPro Cinema series. PolarPro worked with DJI to optimize performance with the gimbal.
There are other filters available that will work and are cheaper, but do some research before purchasing an inferior filter that may give gimbal overload messages when flying or restrict the full movement of the tilt.

Another item are strobe lights. They are small, lightweight, and are suitable for night flights (check local regulations).

I have a Loc8tor tracker on the Spark but never had to use it.

TilePro tracker have good reviews as well and It has the benefit of the "community" to help you find something by sharing some information via the app on peoples phones.

The Marco Polo tracker will fit on the side.

A gimbal protector when the Spark is being stored should be a stock item, but it's not and highly recommend getting one to protect the camera assembly. This is the one I have. It protects the bottom sensors too.
I had a clear one just for the camera but the tabs broke and was useless after that.
The clear one may damage the Spark as it clips to a bracket above the camera that is designed to limit the travel of the gimbal assembly. I have seen that piece broke before in another post.

One last thing to put on the Spark would be putting your information (lost and found, registration numbers,etc.) on the Spark using waterproof stickers or a Sharpie marker.

It's also a good idea to put that information on the SD card in the Spark as a text file should the stickers wear out and somebody finds the card in the Spark. Just don't format the card while it's in the Spark via the Go4 app because it will be deleted.

The humble little Spark can't carry stuff like it's bigger brothers but it doesn't need to. It's fun the way it is.:)

I’ve recent purchased a Nanuk case and gave been playing with decals, both on the case and the Spark... a nice touch.

I currently have 6 batteries, which gives me more than an hour of flight time per session. 9 batteries is like what.. 2 hours!?? That’s awesome!

I have the Firehouse tricolor strobe velcro’d at the rear of the aircraft on the battery button .. works out nice, have velcro on 2 batteries only, since most of my flying is in daylight.

As for the gimbal protector, I ordered the clear one .. wraps under and over the vision sensors too! It’s coming from China, so will be another week or 2 on that.

Thanks for the suggestion on the lens filters.. will check out the reviews on the PolarPro set.

What about the racing Goggles!!!? :cool:

Attachments

• 2BFD6BB2-56F5-41DE-A042-A041F33F02D6.jpeg
    2BFD6BB2-56F5-41DE-A042-A041F33F02D6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • 0C8B6529-43F6-4D49-AB76-B8B33709079B.jpeg
    0C8B6529-43F6-4D49-AB76-B8B33709079B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Buy more batteries to enhance the experience! ?

I'm up to nine.?

The Spark is small and there's not a lot of room to mount a bunch of stuff, let alone carry something during flight.

The float kit is neat, but I wouldn't trust it. One wrong gust of wind, ripple of water, or a jump from a nearby fish would probably flip the Spark. But the plus side is, it's still floating for easy retrieval, just upside down.?

One item that I have added to enhance the Spark is a good set of filters for smooth video and pictures.
I have the PolarPro Cinema series. PolarPro worked with DJI to optimize performance with the gimbal.
There are other filters available that will work and are cheaper, but do some research before purchasing an inferior filter that may give gimbal overload messages when flying or restrict the full movement of the tilt.

Another item are strobe lights. They are small, lightweight, and are suitable for night flights (check local regulations).

I have a Loc8tor tracker on the Spark but never had to use it.

TilePro tracker have good reviews as well and It has the benefit of the "community" to help you find something by sharing some information via the app on peoples phones.

The Marco Polo tracker will fit on the side.

A gimbal protector when the Spark is being stored should be a stock item, but it's not and highly recommend getting one to protect the camera assembly. This is the one I have. It protects the bottom sensors too.
I had a clear one just for the camera but the tabs broke and was useless after that.
The clear one may damage the Spark as it clips to a bracket above the camera that is designed to limit the travel of the gimbal assembly. I have seen that piece broke before in another post.

One last thing to put on the Spark would be putting your information (lost and found, registration numbers,etc.) on the Spark using waterproof stickers or a Sharpie marker.

It's also a good idea to put that information on the SD card in the Spark as a text file should the stickers wear out and somebody finds the card in the Spark. Just don't format the card while it's in the Spark via the Go4 app because it will be deleted.

The humble little Spark can't carry stuff like it's bigger brothers but it doesn't need to. It's fun the way it is.:)

How do you store 9 batteries? Do you have a dedicated case or those Lipo protection cases?

I’ve recent purchased a Nanuk case and gave been playing with decals, both on the case and the Spark... a nice touch.

That is a nice touch.?

I too have the Nanuck 915 case. I modified the foam insert a bit to fit the extra batteries and I leave the charger at home. The ipad mini fits in the lid with velcro behind the foam. The stock foam in the lid was a little thick so I replaced it with the same stuff, only a little thinner to accommodate the mini and the remote tablet holder in the case.

Here's the sticker on mine.

IMG_20191229_125350696.jpg

I am currently using a first responder bag that allows me to keep the mini attached to the remote while in the bag along with a minimum of 5 batteries. It's not crush proof but it is easy to carry and doesn't draw a lot of attention when walking about. It's slightly smaller than the modified computer lap top bag I was using for a while. I like to be able to whip out the Spark and start flying by turning the stuff on and not have to assemble / tear down everything. I carry it with me everyday in the car. I never know what I might see and the extra assembly time may cause me to miss the shot. Like a rainbow fading away.

I've even used a five gallon bucket in the past when I needed a waterproof case at the last minute. Here's a post about it I did a couple of years ago.

I have know idea but it looks to me about the same size of the Spark. It would have to be a very loud speaker to overcome the noise of the props. I noticed they didn't show the Spark even though it's advertised. If it does work I'm sure the flight time is greatly reduced with the extra weight and that's the one thing Spark pilots don't want is less flight time.

What about the racing Goggles!!!?

I think I would get motion sickness if flying with FPV goggles. I had a pair VR goggles and boy were they immersive. I might need a barf bag for the flight. ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: adonati
The Snoopy decal is pretty cool too... looks like you don’t have the the rubber feet for the bottom of the case either. I’m looking to find those soon.

Check this out.. quite a sale on the filters right now! $35 pre-order, have to wait 3 months.

Price is set at $48, but he accepted
$35.. and that’s with free shipping too! I sent am email to see if he could ship out quicker.. says I’ll have the filters in 2 weeks! These normally run over $100... I wonder why so cheap now? Is it because DJI has discontinued the Spark?

Probably..

It seems a lot of the retailers were clearing there inventory of Spark stuff after a couple of years as the Mavic Pro, Zoom, Mini, Air, and now the Air 2 have been the must have drones.

Good deals to be had if you can get them.
That's how I ended up with nine batteries.
I almost pulled the trigger on a few more but I wouldn't have anywhere to put them.

Probably..

It seems a lot of the retailers were clearing there inventory of Spark stuff after a couple of years as the Mavic Pro, Zoom, Mini, Air, and now the Air 2 have been the must have drones.

Good deals to be had if you can get them.
That's how I ended up with nine batteries.
I almost pulled the trigger on a few more but I wouldn't have anywhere to put them.

My case fits 7 + 1 if I remove the prop guards... let me know if you come across new ones under $40 each.

let me know if you come across new ones under $40 each.

I was looking around Ali Expres and Allibaba sites and they have them for about 40-50 dollars US, but have 5-10 dollars in shipping.

I did stumble across some that are refurbished (marked with FN) from one of the sites and they were around 22 dollars each...but you had to have a minimum order of 100. :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis