Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FYI Spark flyer using both Android and IOS

Zoran

Join
Sep 22, 2017
Hello there, if anyone's interested, I use both Android (Nexus 6) and IOS (9.7"lpad) to fly my spark, both my devices are dedicated to fly spark only therefore no other software installed, both work great on wifi (I don't ever use OTG), the only difference I have experienced is that the Go4 app on Android crashes every time I fly (no big deal I just restart the app) whilst on IOS it never crashes.

Its ridiculus you have to run a dedicated phone or ipad to be problem free. And even then Android still crashes. I use Sony Z3 and ipad mini 2. Android crashed a couple of times and freezes i dont count anymore. Ios is much better as long as im within 300 meter but freezes are countless also within that distance.

All these problems disappear with otg using 4.1.15 on Android and 4.1.20 on IOS. Problem with ios is the max altitude sticks on 50 m and distance on 100 m. I need to figure out how i can get 4.1.15 on Ios.

Its ridiculus you have to run a dedicated phone or ipad to be problem free. And even then Android still crashes. I use Sony Z3 and ipad mini 2. Android crashed a couple of times and freezes i dont count anymore. Ios is much better as long as im within 300 meter but freezes are countless also within that distance.

All these problems disappear with otg using 4.1.15 on Android and 4.1.20 on IOS. Problem with ios is the max altitude sticks on 50 m and distance on 100 m. I need to figure out how i can get 4.1.15 on Ios.
I have no issues with distance using wifi on either device...just yesterday I got 600mtrs with both iOS and Android

I have no issues with distance using wifi on either device...just yesterday I got 600mtrs with both iOS and Android
i know bro, youre using a dedicated ipad for it. thats bs in my opinion, dji has to do better than that, otherwise im returning it next month.

Hello there, if anyone's interested, I use both Android (Nexus 6) and IOS (9.7"lpad) to fly my spark, both my devices are dedicated to fly spark only therefore no other software installed, both work great on wifi (I don't ever use OTG), the only difference I have experienced is that the Go4 app on Android crashes every time I fly (no big deal I just restart the app) whilst on IOS it never crashes.
Be careful with the Android app crashing when flying near stuff. My brother had the Android app crash on his Pixel with his Mavic and was a bit too close to a building. Crashed before he could recover it. That’s the most of the details he shared with me.

I don't find it a problem cause I'm flying with the RC and with in VLOS...(visual line of site)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena