Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge

Jhumpert

Join
Jan 6, 2019
Hello fellow spark owners, going to Gatlinburg in mid July and bringing my spark along. I know Pigeon Forge is outside the boundaries of the national park so should be plenty of places to fly there. I know it is illegal to fly within the boundaries of the national park and have no intentions of flying illegally, but does anyone know any interesting places in Gatlinburg that I can legally fly and get good aerial shots?

Btw asked similar question on trip advisor and they saw the word drone and immediately read I am going to fly in the park regardless of what anybody says and had like 6 messages lecturing it is illegal to fly in a national park and sending drone regulations within national parks when my post never even mentioned the park or flying illegally. Had one person say my wording said fly in park without using the actual words national park. Even had 1 person say it is illegal to fly drones in tennessee period and the document they attached said illegal to fly near power plants or sporting events.

Keep in mind there are several places that have heliports because of all the helicopter rides that are up there. My in-laws live right next to one. I live in Knoxville and fly all over the place.

Reactions: Eckert
Check out the FAA’s B4UFly mobile app. B4UFLY Mobile App Update

At a glance it looks like the Gatlinburg area has a no flight restriction in place. In Pigeon Forge, depending on where you are you will need to notify 2 maybe 3 airports/heliports and follow other rules as stated.

The app seems pretty straightforward. It’s temporary until the new vendor releases the next generation app later this year. Might be out by the time you go and provide better info.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67