Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

G'Day from Western Australia

Gibbs

Join
Jul 26, 2017
My first drone, The Spark, is on its way now. I am excited by some of the sweet footage people are getting however I am nervous about the faults I have been reading about.
I wish I had found a few more of the articles + posts about the issues before i clicked purchase.
Have I purchased the right drone? Only time will tell!!!

Reactions: Advexure
Welcome...Just fly in beginner mode for a while until you get a feel for the Spark and you'll be fine. Also, I highly recommend a RC

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Have I purchased the right drone?
You definitely picked the best drone company. If you find it's too basic for you, look into getting a Mavic. It's much more feature-rich and has a better camera.

Welcome to Spark Pilots. Enjoy the Spark, safe flying, and we'll see you around the forum :cool: Cheers!

I just had my first flight today. What a blast. Most of the footage is average (all the operators fault), but it was so much fun.
Tried out most features but kept it in beginner mode.
Can't wait to get back out there.

Reactions: camalot977
Hi mate, I'm another WA spark pilot. You'll quickly pick up how to smoothly operate your drone and get some sweet footage. Just be mindful of the CASA rules in regards to safety and operating limits (good old Australia and being over the top fun police) and everything will be all good. Enjoy your spark!

You'll quickly pick up how to smoothly operate your drone and get some sweet footage.
You are so right. I am a week down and already have some sweet footage. I am loving it. This little drone makes even a punter like me look good.

Just be mindful of the CASA rules in regards to safety and operating limits (good old Australia and being over the top fun police) and everything will be all good. Enjoy your spark!
Is it that bad? I don't live in a big city so it probably is a bit easier I guess.
For now I am just sticking to keeping away from people (other than my family and friends), houses, airports and keeping it under 120m (I am actually staying under 50m because I am to scared to go any higher haha).

Nice to hear you've got the hang of it! In regards to the rules just do as you have been, that pretty much covers it.

Happy flying :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast