Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gesture Flying Help

Born In The Bronx

Join
Jul 12, 2017
Loc
Greenville SC
First I am brand new to the whole drone world. My interests are mostly capturing moments with my family and friends while visiting or during my travels. Nothing terribly extreme, at least just yet. I flew my Spark with the Gesture Feature for the first time today. My initial reaction it that it is pretty good but I don't seem to get it to work as shown in the DJI Video Tutorial. I get it to recognize me, it launches off of my hand. Then I hold up the palm of my hand until the front lights turn yellow, then green. At first I am able to get it to move left and right and up and down. I can even get it to take a picture. But if it flys just a bit higher or further way (like a foot or so) the green lights turn back to yellow and it seems I have to get it to recognize me again. I have not been able to get it to follow me, but I think I'm not doing it correctly. Lastly, I can't seem to get it to come back and land back on my hand, I have to use the RTH button and it just sets itself down from whereever is is at that time.

I would appreciate any help you can offer. Again as I am new to this step by steps would help .
Thanks everone

So when its at a distance taking the photo do you raise your arms in a "Y"? It should come back to you. When the front lights are green, then put you hand under it...

So when its at a distance taking the photo do you raise your arms in a "Y"? It should come back to you. When the front lights are green, then put you hand under it...
I need to try to fly it in Gesture Mode Again and pay close attention. I felt that I never got it into the tracking mode as I never waved my hand at it. But I was able to get it to take pictures with the framing gesture so I'm confused. Will the Spark only take pictures with this gesture in the Tracking mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe