Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gesture launch

Jim Bow

Join
Jun 15, 2018
I understand that blipping the batt button twice will initiate a palm launch. Can I then take over with the RC and fly normally?

Sure... works just fine. It is actually kind of interesting to have the remote going when using gestures and see it change modes and so forth.

Yeah I was literally out testing this function yesterday on my Spark.

You can indeed palm launch, and then use the controller to manually fly. You can also switch between the autonomous modes.

It took me a little while to work out how to get it to palm land again, but all you do is go into the little remote icon and select gesture control again.

Does using the palm launch method affect the RTH function as far as setting the home point?

You can switch from both functions, up to you and your preferred tastes when flying a drone.

No matter how I launch drone, I hover above VPS range to check for accurate GPS hold and give drone time to save home point. Sometimes I resave homepoint after I know I have good GPS hold just to be on safe side when flying over water.

Gesture Palm Launch works really well for me - one gotcha to be aware of is that it seems to lock the camera to ‘camera’ mode and you can’t switch to video. The trick is to go into the the flight mode menu after palm launch and change it to standard etc. You can then freely switch between photo and video mode! ...and then change back to gesture mode if you want to palm land.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme