Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimble overload

Romy Mutuc

Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Laredo, TX
Sorry if this has been asked before but, with a gimble overload message is there any way to fix without sending back to DJI? The camera doesn't seem to go all the way up.

Is it normal that the camera doesn't go all the way up the last few notches? Mine stays about three notches from the top.

Are you trying to take off from grass?

I would bear with it, it may have been a one off. I had it once on my Mavic and never again. Send it back if it happens again..

I had that message on day one when taking off from a grassy field, and I believe some of the blades of grass were touching the gimbal. I haven't had that warning since and haven't taken off anywhere like that again. I bought a small 12" landing pad in case I do.

Yeah mine has gone away, it's just that the camera is facing straight on but there's about 3 notches still to go on the screen. I was afraid that it wasnt going all the way up

I flew today, after the gimbal message. The message is gone but the gimbal looks like it jumps. I did have 20mph winds so I'm not sure if that was the case... I'll fly later with low winds and find out.

@Romy Mutuc I've a similar problem. My stutters on the way down and then sticks.

I got the gimble overload during a flight and that was my first hint that something was wrong. I hadn't realized but the issue had been happening since my first flight and I just thought it was high winds or noob error.

I've since talked to DJI and @Advexure. Based on DJI feedback they asked me to refresh the firmware using the Assistant app and recalibrate the IMU and compass which I did. On the ground the gimbal seemed to be behaving itself but it got stuck in flight again.

I'm on vacation and back in the US tomorrow. I fear I may be sending it back as I don't think it's a software issue.

I watched video from my first flight and second flight. Both at 20 mph winds. The first video doesn't have any gimbal issues. The second flight, the gimbal jumps around.

Can someone tell me if this needs to be looked at??

No issues

Gimbal issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme