Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gnangara Lake - Footage from Both Spark and Phantom 3

Ozboyblu

Join
Jul 20, 2018
So much fun having 2 Drones. Double the vision. DJI Spark or DJI Phantom Footage. Which do you like. ?

DJI Spark -

DJI Phantom 3 Standard. -

Be interested to see what you guys have to say.

Reactions: dudez and Grungle
Watching from my old laptop, I honestly could not see a huge difference in the video quality. The P3 video was ever so slightly crisper in detail but the Spark video looked to have slightly better color saturation. Overall, the difference in my opinion is not very significant. You asked for an opinion. ;)

Reactions: Ozboyblu
Interesting locations and nice to see the areas. However, I there seems to be some focus issues so, I would definitely recommend not using the out of focus transitions... it was actually hurting my eyes... There were a few times where I was trying to adjust my focus because of the original video and all of a sudden there was another transition and blew out my focus again. I couldn't tell if it was my eyes or the video...

I used to be a big user of that transition affect until I started reading posts on this site and watching videos. I've found that the out of focus transition really isn't good for scenery videos and just a quick transition is usually better.

It was great to see the location and the video was well edited too! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback. I’m using iMovie to edit transitions. I was hoping the focus blur effect was the least abrupt transition. But certainly if it takes away the impact from the viewers eyes I may have to rethink my transition choice. Thanks again for taking the time to let me know.

Interesting locations and nice to see the areas. However, I there seems to be some focus issues so, I would definitely recommend not using the out of focus transitions... it was actually hurting my eyes... There were a few times where I was trying to adjust my focus because of the original video and all of a sudden there was another transition and blew out my focus again. I couldn't tell if it was my eyes or the video...

I used to be a big user of that transition affect until I started reading posts on this site and watching videos. I've found that the out of focus transition really isn't good for scenery videos and just a quick transition is usually better.

It was great to see the location and the video was well edited too! Thanks for sharing!

Footage between the P3S and Spark will be fairly similar if you’re camera settings on the Phantom aren’t customized. If you take the time to shoot in manual, D-LOG w/ the use of lens filters @ 2.7K (with proper post editing/colorgrading), then the P3S will allow for considerably better video quality. However, out of the box they’re not too different for the beginner who’s looking to create simplistic video projects.

Thanks it’s so true. Straight out of the box both drones look very similar. Phantom was shot @ 1080 p to match the spark @ 30fps. No manual shutter speed change to either and no filters. I’m only just looking into some ND filters but not sure if I like the colour temperature they make verses the detail in reflection and foreground and background detail. It’s all a compromise in the end and means less editing post production I guess. What do you guys use?

Footage between the P3S and Spark will be fairly similar if you’re camera settings on the Phantom aren’t customized. If you take the time to shoot in manual, D-LOG w/ the use of lens filters @ 2.7K (with proper post editing/colorgrading), then the P3S will allow for considerably better video quality. However, out of the box they’re not too different for the beginner who’s looking to create simplistic video projects.

Thanks it’s so true. Straight out of the box both drones look very similar. Phantom was shot @ 1080 p to match the spark @ 30fps. No manual shutter speed change to either and no filters. I’m only just looking into some ND filters but not sure if I like the colour temperature they make verses the detail in reflection and foreground and background detail. It’s all a compromise in the end and means less editing post production I guess. What do you guys use?
With my P3A, I shoot in manual (shutter speed at 1/50) D-LOG @ 24FPS. I often use 2.7K, but still find that 1080P is more than enough. I use my ND16 the most, but will use the ND8 if it’s cloudy and/or overcast. Post editing/colorgrading takes a bit more time, but is well worth it. The combination of these things allows for cinematic quality video.

As for the Spark, I don’t bother with ND filters. I just tweak a few things in post editing, as well as use a LUT that fits the “feel” of the project. I use it more for the AEB camera feature, so that I can create unique HDR photos.

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I May play around a bit with D-Log and use a LUT , also AEB on the spark to capture some HDR images.

With my P3A, I shoot in manual (shutter speed at 1/50) D-LOG @ 24FPS. I often use 2.7K, but still find that 1080P is more than enough. I use my ND16 the most, but will use the ND8 if it’s cloudy and/or overcast. Post editing/colorgrading takes a bit more time, but is well worth it. The combination of these things allows for cinematic quality video.

As for the Spark, I don’t bother with ND filters. I just tweak a few things in post editing, as well as use a LUT that fits the “feel” of the project. I use it more for the AEB camera feature, so that I can create unique HDR photos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502