Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GO 4 not seeing RC/Spark connection.

AlienDrone

Join
Nov 16, 2019
Greetings fellow pilots! I searched this forum for this issue and did not find this one. I just received a replacement spark through the refresh program.
The app. instructed me to activate this drone and i did so. At first, I was getting a "switch WLAN settings" message, and instructed to please connect later. I was also having problems getting the RC and spark to bind. After watching several Youtube videos i was able to get the RC and spark to connect. in an effort to get rid of the WLAN message, I reloaded the GO 4 app. Even though I have a green light on the control indicating the drone is connected, the app shows I'm disconnected. I go through the "enter device" procedure. Select "aircraft combo" method. I go through these steps. I'm prompted to Scan the QR code on the back of the RC. This always fails to connect. I'm then instructed to close GO4 and go to my devices wifi setting and connect to the aircrafts wifi. The aircraft does not show up in my connections. I try to enter it's info to the "Add Network" option. I enter the Sparks wifi name. I'm prompted to save but no password is requested. i check my wifi for the spark. A QR code is displayed with instructions to scan with another device. well, since i don't have three or four cell phones at my disposal this is not possible. My only option at this point is to press the "forget" button at the bottom of my display which disconnects my phone from my network. Does anyone have any suggestions where i should go from here?

Hello. It looks like Spark is not broadcasting your Wi-Fi network. To transmit, proceed as follows: Turn on Spark, then press the power button for 6 seconds, until you hear two beeps.
Search the network on mobile, should be already appearing.

Hello. It looks like Spark is not broadcasting your Wi-Fi network. To transmit, proceed as follows: Turn on Spark, then press the power button for 6 seconds, until you hear two beeps.
Search the network on mobile, should be already appearing.
Thanks for the reply Sergio! Here;s my update. After many hours of researching YouTube videos and trying tips from this forum, I did manage to get the drone connected to the controller and app. Took it out for a test flight. Everything was good! Happy that my persistence paid off, I went home and charged batteries preparing for my day Monday. This morning I decided to fly the Spark at my first location. The Spark is my backup to my Mavic 2 Zoom and my Parrot Anafi. I set everything up.......back to square one. The Spark and the control see each other. The app. does not. Again the Spark fells to connect to wifi. I call tech support. The tech suggest holding the power button for 9 seconds as i did yesterday. This connected the drone to my phone. The tech seemed to be in a hurry to go and it was difficult to hear and understand him in the field so I let him go. Again, having difficulty getting the control to connect to the Sparkl Try following the procedure in the Go 4 app. It directs me to scan the back of the control. I did this yesterday countless times and it never worked. I called tech support again. Sorry to say I'm not very impressed with DJI's tech support. The two I talked with today seemed very limited in their ability and willingness to help. The call ended with the tech telling me to make a repair request online.

My big question is, how could the problem return and why?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef