Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Go figure

The video clearly showed it landing in someones residential front yard, not a parking lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

FOUND!!!
Landed in a Dentist parking lot completely clear of power lines and trees!!!
Dentist turned it into the police and they matched the FAA reg number!!!
Video to follow!!!
What did the police say?

What did the police say?

Literally "Hey, we found your drone".

Upon return, he did ask if the FAA registry was open to the public/ what a civilian should do if they find a drone.
Could they find the owner themselves with the database. I said it should be for law enforcement agencies only due to privacy - address & other data.

Other than that, exchange of gratitude and then was on my way.

Thanks!
Check out flight 1500 :D

I did... another milestone for you. I am guessing you ran that just after sunrise or towards sunset, the ground was very dark through most of it. You used exposure lock I think... And Litchi... I really like the smooth yaw/pan you can get with that app. Raised a question, if you are not using waypoints in Litchi, can you still get some of that smoothness when flying manually in it?

I did... another milestone for you. I am guessing you ran that just after sunrise or towards sunset, the ground was very dark through most of it. You used exposure lock I think... And Litchi... I really like the smooth yaw/pan you can get with that app. Raised a question, if you are not using waypoints in Litchi, can you still get some of that smoothness when flying manually in it?

Yes, right at sunrise this morning.
The exposure was changed in post to make the clouds pop.
Sacrificed ground contrast for the clouds.

The litchi waypoints is what calculates the smoothness/ constant rate.

Yes, right at sunrise this morning.
The exposure was changed in post to make the clouds pop.
Sacrificed ground contrast for the clouds.

The litchi waypoints is what calculates the smoothness/ constant rate.
I am just wondering, what makes the RTH kicks in? I am considering to buy litchi also...

Reactions: pmshop
I am just wondering, what makes the RTH kicks in? I am considering to buy litchi also...

In this case, the same thing that triggers RTH with the DJI GO 4 App...only enough battery to make it home.
There is also "going too long without contact from the controller" RTH.
You can turn this off IF you know the limitations of the battery and current wind effects to the craft.
It is within the app settings.

Reactions: Hayuatma
In this case, the same thing that triggers RTH with the DJI GO 4 App...only enough battery to make it home.
There is also "going too long without contact from the controller" RTH.
You can turn this off IF you know the limitations of the battery and current wind effects to the craft.
It is within the app settings.
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you disable the other RTH also? I've noticed that the video is just about 9 minutes in length, do this indicates the spark actual flight time?

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you disable the other RTH also? I've noticed that the video is just about 9 minutes in length, do this indicates the spark actual flight time?

Disabling the Smart RTH disables all RTH triggers.

The video was edited for content & time.
From the start of the last music selection, that was 2x speed to the end.
Between the first RTH spin and the second RTH spin, a couple of minutes were edited out of there too.

I take a lot of time lapse sunrises & sunsets.
My flight records indicate that on average, the flight time is about 11 to 12 minutes for my 6 month old Spark (Care Refresh Exchange) and 1 year old batteries.
That is including takeoff and RTH landings.
I can push it and get 13 minutes by disabling the RTH when it is triggered nearby home and guiding it down when it lands for critical battery.

However, it is highly recommended for LiPo batteries to land with 20% capacity left for longevity of the battery.

Reactions: Hayuatma
Disabling the Smart RTH disables all RTH triggers.

The video was edited for content & time.
From the start of the last music selection, that was 2x speed to the end.
Between the first RTH spin and the second RTH spin, a couple of minutes were edited out of there too.

I take a lot of time lapse sunrises & sunsets.
My flight records indicate that on average, the flight time is about 11 to 12 minutes for my 6 month old Spark (Care Refresh Exchange) and 1 year old batteries.
That is including takeoff and RTH landings.
I can push it and get 13 minutes by disabling the RTH when it is triggered nearby home and guiding it down when it lands for critical battery.

However, it is highly recommended for LiPo batteries to land with 20% capacity left for longevity of the battery.
Thx for the detailed answer. I will buy litchi at black Friday sale next month...

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar