Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gold Coast Australia Drone Footage

Very nice. I don't know how many flights it took you to capture all your footage, but taking off at the beginning and landing at the end were good anchor points for the video. Also, the sun low on the horizon made for good lighting. What do you mean by using LUTs for the flight?

Fantastic footage. Your use of LUTs really made the video look cinematic. A few portions of the video could have been easily a part of a Hollywood film.

What do you mean by using LUTs for the flight?

Using a LUT (look up table) on a video is similar to using a preset/filter on your photos. In other words a LUT is a combination of color adjustments done on the video in a video editor and stored in the form of a file which can be used across different videos or video editors. Professional editors make LUTs and sell them (some are even available for free) online.

Very nice. I don't know how many flights it took you to capture all your footage, but taking off at the beginning and landing at the end were good anchor points for the video. Also, the sun low on the horizon made for good lighting. What do you mean by using LUTs for the flight?

This was all done in 1 flight while showing my mate how the drone fly's. He bought one the next weekend :)
The LUT is a Look Up Table that I downloaded as a file from a free LUT site. It changes the appearance of the colours in the footage basically, out of the 5 LUT files in the pack that I downloaded the one I applied was the only one that made this particular footage look better, the colours were off with the other 4.

Reactions: RotorWash
Fantastic footage. Your use of LUTs really made the video look cinematic. A few portions of the video could have been easily a part of a Hollywood film.

Using a LUT (look up table) on a video is similar to using a preset/filter on your photos. In other words a LUT is a combination of color adjustments done on the video in a video editor and stored in the form of a file which can be used across different videos or video editors. Professional editors make LUTs and sell them (some are even available for free) online.

Cheers, the drone does most of the work and I'm still a pretty green novice. Looking forward to getting more footage and trying some different features including the intelligent flight modes.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Cheers, the drone does most of the work and I'm still a pretty green novice. Looking forward to getting more footage and trying some different features including the intelligent flight modes.

Yes, I agree. The Spark captures stunning footage if the lighting is adequate. Talking of intelligent flight modes, just be a bit cautious while using those because the Spark only has sensors at the front and bottom. So remember to hit the pause button on the RC if you see the drone getting close to any obstacle. Features like ActiveTrack can really give you stunning footage with the drone flying autonomously, but it is important to not get carried away. Unless you have something like this of course.

MickDoesStuff, nice work. Smooth flying and some great captures. I sit watching this while it was -13C (8F), here in snow covered Chicago this morning. That sunshine looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard.

Reactions: MickDoesStuff
Yes, I agree. The Spark captures stunning footage if the lighting is adequate. Talking of intelligent flight modes, just be a bit cautious while using those because the Spark only has sensors at the front and bottom. So remember to hit the pause button on the RC if you see the drone getting close to any obstacle. Features like ActiveTrack can really give you stunning footage with the drone flying autonomously, but it is important to not get carried away. Unless you have something like this of course.

Yeah I've seen a few vids of guys crashing them when going backwards. I wanna see what kind of footage I can get with the Spark following me on my motorbike (seen one guy doing it on YouTube with decent success). That Skydio 2 looks pretty sweet.

MickDoesStuff, nice work. Smooth flying and some great captures. I sit watching this while it was -13C (8F), here in snow covered Chicago this morning. That sunshine looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard.

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

1 flight while showing my mate how the drone fly's. He bought one the next weekend

I'm still a pretty green novice

Mick nice for first videos and editing mate.

But please (tell your mate as well), go take a look at CASA rules to fly.

It's important to follow them as best possible, any drone incidents here (and anywhere Worldwide) are going to give authorities ammo to introduce more legislation to control the hobby.
At least you weren't in a total NFZ, just 4 heliports nearby . . . they are only warning zones, ok to fly there but got to keep an ear out for them around the GC.

Keep enjoying the Spark, filming and editing.
Fantastic little machine flying computer.

Mick nice for first videos and editing mate.

But please (tell your mate as well), go take a look at CASA rules to fly.

It's important to follow them as best possible, any drone incidents here (and anywhere Worldwide) are going to give authorities ammo to introduce more legislation to control the hobby.
At least you weren't in a total NFZ, just 4 heliports nearby . . . they are only warning zones, ok to fly there but got to keep an ear out for them around the GC.

Keep enjoying the Spark, filming and editing.
Fantastic little machine flying computer.

Yeah mate I use the apps recommended on the CASA site and don't try to fly the drone out of site, and never fly it in no fly zones. My mate has done the same.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Yeah mate I use the apps recommended on the CASA site and don't try to fly the drone out of site, and never fly it in no fly zones. My mate has done the same.

Flying over people there was pretty blatant, that place was busy too.
Do you know that CASA requirement ?
30m away from people not involved in flying or an observer, that is laterally too, a radius of 30m looking down, from any height.

I'd hate to see you clip a structure, wire, or whatever and come down somewhere like that.
I'm sure you don't want that either.

Flying over people there was pretty blatant, that place was busy too.
Do you know that CASA requirement ?
30m away from people not involved in flying or an observer, that is laterally too, a radius of 30m looking down, from any height.

I'd hate to see you clip a structure, wire, or whatever and come down somewhere like that.
I'm sure you don't want that either.

Yeah mate made sure there were no obstacles where I was flying it. Wasn't close to anything even the surfers sign I was probably a good several metres from at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme