Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gone Off the DEEP End.

Lil Wanda

Join
Sep 26, 2018
Hello Fellow Spark fliers,

It's been a while since I've been on here, but taking my time and "dabbling" with my drone, has changed my impression of this little "expired" drone... (expired or soon to be extinct, or is it just "out of production"?)
Anyway, after several fun yet short flights on my only battery, I finally stepped it up.
I ordered 4 new batts, 4 station charger, an inexpensive VR headset and just spent some money on the Litchi app....
So.... it's about to get DEEP.
I have not set up the Litchi app, i believe there is a process to register the app? Do I also need to make a profile with Litchi... and their Forum?
I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I got the app, for the VR/FPV.
Should I just tinker with the waypoint and camera stuff first, to get my feet wet??
or what...
If someone here is in the same boat, or has been there, please feel free to give me some pointers.
Thanks for taking the time... (its about to get COLD around here)

Lil Wanda

It's been a while since I've been on here, but taking my time and "dabbling" with my drone, has changed my impression of this little "expired" drone... (expired or soon to be extinct, or is it just "out of production"?)
Anyway, after several fun yet short flights on my only battery, I finally stepped it up.
I ordered 4 new batts, 4 station charger, an inexpensive VR headset and just spent some money on the Litchi app....
I have not set up the Litchi app, i believe there is a process to register the app? Do I also need to make a profile with Litchi... and their Forum?
Should I just tinker with the waypoint and camera stuff first, to get my feet wet??
or what...
If someone here is in the same boat, or has been there, please feel free to give me some pointers.

Lil Wanda
Greetings! I too plan to keep my Spark alive and flying even though I bought a Mini 2. I have Litchi and a cheap pair of VR goggles (VR Box) and just tried out the VR capabilities of Litchi for the first time with my Mini 2 and it was a great experience. You should sign up with Litchi and their forum for sure. The forum has a lot of good info and the members are good with helping out. There is a good YouTube video on setting up litchi for VR. You should watch it as it has a lot of good information although the guy seems to have his own opinion of it. Otherwise, his directions on setting up your controllers function button is a big help.

You may find that the resolution of your phone's display while using the goggles may seem a bit grainy at first but that is due to the magnification of the goggle's lenses. When you get the setup going for the first time, you should just hold your Spark in your hand and move around with it to get used to the experience. Look around for other videos on YouTube for help with Litchi as you need it. I recommend that you turn on all of the audible notifications in Litchi so that you will have them to rely on while in flight as well.

Good luck with your flying and let me know how it goes for you. Here is a link to that video I was talking about.

Last edited:

or what...

Lil Wanda
For some reason I do not remember, I installed the "SparkPro" waypoint App on my phone. I am using it since and find it to b e reliable and accurate.

I don't know what happened to the video link but I hope I fixed it.

For some reason I do not remember, I installed the "SparkPro" waypoint App on my phone. I am using it since and find it to b e reliable and accurate.
I have never heard of that app. Apparently it is an iOS app.

Reactions: lightbg
I used Litchi a lot with my Spark. Have you heard about how to do the "virtual Litchi mission" (VLM)? It's way to use Litchi for DJI Drones (once you sign up for free) and draw out your mission, export it and then import into Google Earth to see a simulation of how it would go if you were to fly the mission with your Spark. It's a nice way to make adjustments to the mission so that when you go outside to fly it for real, it'll be much much closer to what you want it to be. For me, doing that is important for see how the gimbal pitch will look (the angle of the camera is at as it's flying along your waypoints).

Unfortunately, like many who really want the Spark to stay alive, I fly it less and less these days....

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme