Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS and height in picture

bertgroothuis

Join
Oct 1, 2018
Loc
Diepenveen, The Netherlands
Hi there,

I am new here and just bought the spark 2 weeks ago.
The question is of it is possible to enclose in a picture the GPS coordinates and the height for example.
I took a few pictures and now i want to know on with height it was.
See attached picture.

Thanks.

Bert Groothuis
The Netherlands

Attachments

• Foto op welke hoogte.jpg
    Foto op welke hoogte.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 140
Wow, thats a great picture. If you use a log viewer like this one... or even the DJI go flight records, you should be able to pinpoint when you took each photo and the metrics that go with it...

From my experience, I would guess that photo was taken between 200 and 300 feet up...

Welcome to Spark Pilots - Fly safe!

Reactions: bertgroothuis
As you take a picture from the Spark, screenshot your device at the same time and you'll have the telementry you see on the screen.

I occasionally use my screen recorder on my device (mini4) and it records the whole flight whether taking pictures or video.

Using the screen recorder may cause some lag in the display as I fly because the CPU is barely fast enough to process everything while flying but I've never had it shut down on me while flying.

Irfanview seems to be able to do this. And in Lightroom it is possible to add the GPS data to the picture, although not very nice: at the bottom in a seperate white row.

Zeer mooie foto Bert. Wat kan Nederland toch mooi zijn. Ik heb dezelfde vraag gesteld deze week in MavicPilots. Blijkt alleen te lukken in de nabewerking via de vluchtgegevens in de app. Lijkt mij te ingewikkeld. Vooral het synchroniseren op de film. Wat is hier eigenlijk met de screenrecorder? Is dit de App overnemen met vluchtgegevens op een ander toestel ?? Ik heb hier ook weinig ervaring mee.

Groetjes uit België.
Pejebe.

Zeer mooie foto Bert. Wat kan Nederland toch mooi zijn. Ik heb dezelfde vraag gesteld deze week in MavicPilots. Blijkt alleen te lukken in de nabewerking via de vluchtgegevens in de app. Lijkt mij te ingewikkeld. Vooral het synchroniseren op de film. Wat is hier eigenlijk met de screenrecorder? Is dit de App overnemen met vluchtgegevens op een ander toestel ?? Ik heb hier ook weinig ervaring mee.

Groetjes uit België.
Pejebe.
Hallo Pejebe,

Wat ik heb begrepen over de screenrecorder is het zo dat je deze app start als je gaat vliegen met de Spark. Wat je ziet op je smartphone word dan opgenomen in deze app. Ga ik denk ik niet doen omdat dan het geheugen van je smartphone heel snel vol is.
Later kun je dan de hoogte noteren en bij de foto en/of film in beeld zetten met een foto/video bewerkings programma.
Ik denk dat ik gewoon een screenshot ga maken en daar dan de informatie uit ga gebruiken.

Groeten uit Diepenveen Nederland.
Bert

Thanks all for the contribution.
I will 'investigate' the options you give me.
I found out that the GPS info is in the EXIF on the SD card in the spark. Not in my phone.

Thanks from The Netherlands.
Bert

The problem in in the precision: if you look at the 2 GPS lat/lon fields you'll see the last 3 decimals are all the same, and if you take many vertical pictures (ortophotos) at 5 meters of distance each one while moving the Spark forward, you'll see that they all have the same exact GPS lat/lon coordinates for 4 or 5 phots, then the coords will change and remain the same for the next 4 or 5 pictures. With just 3 decimal digits, It takes circa 20 to 30 meters to see the coordinates change, and this messes up any attempt at geo mapping. Anyone has found a workaround for this?
I know I can edit the exif data with the correct ones if I find them, but i didn't find them in any of the log/dat/txt files I found in the GO 4 app folder on the phone nor in the drone itself (linked to PC via DJI Assistant 2) nor via airmap editing these dat files, and I don't want to go through the GO 4 app, find the spot of the single photo, read its correct coords and go update the exif of the single picture and repeat all of this 200 TIMES or more :)
So I made an appplication in C#, it asks for a folder, the one containing all of the pictures, and a file, a log file conteining the correct exif data and the images' names. When launched it will browse through all of the images, searche their name in the log, get the correct lat/lon and programmatically correct the exif fields of the image, all in a click. But I can't seem to find a log containing the images names or at least a marking such as "picture taken" in order to get the drone's position when it took the pic (pics only have the seconds, not precise, so I can't search for their creation datetime in the log). Anyone had better luck there?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme