Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Great Distance!

Thereal960

Join
Jan 2, 2018
Finally feeling extremely comfortable with my spark and decided to spread its wing and see how far I can take it. 1432 METERS AT 128 METERS high. Extremely pleased and satisfied. No otg cable. Just the RC and WiFi. Anyone else had similar luck? Questions?

Reactions: Deez-Nuts and dubt
The most I have the nerve to do is about 60m high and 300m away! I'm a new owner and I'm scared I will lose it!

I always set the RTH before every flight and ensure plenty of satellites. There's no reason I should worry so much... Right?

If the RC disconnects from the spark, will it automatically RTH?

Reactions: Alex Dyer
Finally feeling extremely comfortable with my spark and decided to spread its wing and see how far I can take it. 1432 METERS AT 128 METERS high. Extremely pleased and satisfied. No otg cable. Just the RC and WiFi. Anyone else had similar luck? Questions?
may i know you are flying from where? you from usa?

The most I have the nerve to do is about 60m high and 300m away! I'm a new owner and I'm scared I will lose it!

I always set the RTH before every flight and ensure plenty of satellites. There's no reason I should worry so much... Right?

300meters is already very far. there is no different from a 20 meters in height. i used to crushing above sky 20meters above ground. it will break something! the controller is kk2.15 / and few types very less known brand controller. once is above 30 meters almost all types of plastics cannot withstand stress impact. Dji is one of the most well known successful drone.

There is nothing wrong with worrying,it stops you from being careless and missing a step in your preflight setup.

using the OTG cable, I got 2000 M at 80M height. Going to try on wifi only and see if I can get the same distance. This is on IOS

iPhone or Android? I feel if I fly too far it just loses video signal. But I can still control the aircraft.
I lost video and could not control the drone anymore, it auto RTH. BUT. It was over power lines at 2000 m so that may have cause signal interference. I will try in a more open area next time.

I am using an iphone 7

I'm using an LG V30.. What's the purpose of an OTG cable? I've read mixed comments online but can't seem to find anything definitive.

I got worried a few days ago when the app crashed on me. I was still able to fly with the RC but I stopped flying immediately and relaunched the app. Luckily the spark didn't go anywhere..

Yes. During this flight it lost RC connection and initiated RTH. Vital to set RTH point before flight.

Reactions: Droggy
I'm using an LG V30.. What's the purpose of an OTG cable? I've read mixed comments online but can't seem to find anything definitive.

I got worried a few days ago when the app crashed on me. I was still able to fly with the RC but I stopped flying immediately and relaunched the app. Luckily the spark didn't go anywhere..
So far, so far the only apps it crushed i saw is the version 4.1.18. really unuseable on my ipad mini4 . that is a official direct from play store. now i think they already fixed it. on 4.122 . okay no problem!

I’ve got my 3000m boundary twice. Once over the sea and once over 90% bare land.

Both with iOS and all wireless connections. No mods, all software upto date.

No, in Australia. We apparently are limited to a Chinese spec that’s similar to CE. Worse on 2.4(400m), better on 5.8(1.2km in theory)

Not sure why mine is better than that, but certainly not complaining.

Reactions: guest191

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena