Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Greeting from Indiana

cpl666k9

Join
Jan 29, 2019
At present I am in Indiana house sitting for my daughter while she is overseas. Idaho is my home. I am in research mode for my first drone purchase. Never messed with any RC that flew. Always had RC race cars and Trucks. I am looking to buy a quality drone. Not sure if I should buy the Spark or if I should look at one of the larger drones with more options and would handle the wind better. Any and all advise is welcome. -Tony

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, cpl666k9.

I purchased the Spark in July 2017 because I couldn't afford the Mavic Pro, which is what I wanted but the Spark was in my budget to loose and replace, if needed. I couldn't justify loosing a Mavic.

Fast forward to now and now I want the Mavic 2 zoom but the regular Mavics are really affordable now and I'm on the fence again

I have read many posts here that the pilots use both depending on the circumstances.

The Spark is percieved as a "toy" compaired to others but is quite good for what it is.

Decisions, decisions...

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello and welcome to the forum from Houston Texas.
I have had many cheap drones with garbage flight software.
I if you want a spark it fits the budget powerful profile." I think it's a lot for your money"
the new Mavic 2 I have yet to try but if you want to step up from a spark the Mavic 1 or 2 is the way to go

I am looking to buy a quality drone. Not sure if I should buy the Spark or if I should look at one of the larger drones with more options and would handle the wind better.
What are you planning on doing with your drone? Did you have a max budget in mind?

What are you planning on doing with your drone? Did you have a max budget in mind?

I plan on a lot of flight time. I want to learn to take quality video and stills. I would not mind making a little money to feed my habit. Could do a lot of aerial photo and video. Get with real estate businesses, weddings rodeos. Sadly we have an active fire season in the fall so images of that might be interesting.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, cpl666k9.

I purchased the Spark in July 2017 because I couldn't afford the Mavic Pro, which is what I wanted but the Spark was in my budget to loose and replace, if needed. I couldn't justify loosing a Mavic.

Fast forward to now and now I want the Mavic 2 zoom but the regular Mavics are really affordable now and I'm on the fence again

I have read many posts here that the pilots use both depending on the circumstances.

The Spark is percieved as a "toy" compaired to others but is quite good for what it is.

Decisions, decisions...

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I've thought of getting two. The Spark for my ATV riding and a larger one for general use.

Decision, decisions....LOL

Reactions: Spark 317
Could do a lot of aerial photo and video. Get with real estate businesses, weddings rodeos.
The Spark is a nice drone, but it's not a great choice for that type of commercial work. The flight time is short, it cannot take RAW photos, and the photo/video resolution is on the low end.

You can compare the specs for all of DJI's consumer drones at the link below. It should help you find the drone that best fits your needs.

DJI Consumer Drone Comparison

I am also a Hoosier pilot just learning the spark. I have about 6 or 7 flights before the snow and cold shut me down. I had been wanting a drone to use for aerial photography of covered bridges and waterfalls and anything else that looks interesting.

When I started looking at drones I watched youtube videos and seen several people using the spark and the video quality was impressive so that is why I went with the spark. As a first time pilot I cant justify the price of a mavic or the more advanced dji models for something that might end up getting crashed. I have had 1 incident in the house and 1 crash sensor freak out when flying in the sun but with my next flight worked fine no issues. Overall I love my spark and so glad I ended up buying it.

Attachments

• 20181115_124840.jpg
    20181115_124840.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190101_144753_160.jpg
    IMG_20190101_144753_160.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190106_171915_323.jpg
    IMG_20190106_171915_323.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190106_171915_319.jpg
    IMG_20190106_171915_319.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 4
Hello again from the Hoosier Heartland, Jeff.

I had the same thoughts about the purchase of the Spark.
I could justify losing a Spark, not a Mavic for my first drone.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme