Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Greetings from a Future Spark owner from Indiana

Join
Feb 4, 2019
Hello everyone. My name is Mike O. and I live in West Central Indiana. I've been watching all kinds of YouTube videos on the DJI SPARK and for my budget and non commercial use, I'm about 99% sure the Spark is going to be the drone I purchase.
I've got a past with RC Cars including a 1/4 scale Raco Jac Rabbit, and tried my hand at RC Airplanes and RC Gas Helicopters ( but never could get comfortable with trying to fly the Helicopters ). Ive never tried flying a Drone, my biggest fear is paying the $$$ for one and having it fly away (and then listening about it from the wife..Lol), although I'm sure that doesn't happen if you do a pre-check on settings before flying ???
I seen that Sam's Club is selling the Spark for $399.00 (Online Price) and that includes the remote controller AND a extra battery pack. Not sure if anyone knows of a place I can get one for less?? I've been looking through the forums threads here and I'm very happy I came across this site, with all the valuable info on here.
Still dealing with winter in Indiana,so no great hurry buying it until I have a chance to learn more about the Spark.
Screenshot_20190204-010328_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :)

Ive never tried flying a Drone, my biggest fear is paying the $$$ for one and having it fly away (and then listening about it from the wife..Lol), although I'm sure that doesn't happen if you do a pre-check on settings before flying ???
Pre-flight checks are just one of the many things you can do to prevent a lost drone. A bunch of other gems can be found in this guide:

Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Drone (The Complete Guide)

I seen that Sam's Club is selling the Spark for $399.00 (Online Price) and that includes the remote controller AND a extra battery pack. Not sure if anyone knows of a place I can get one for less?
That's not a bad deal. Most sellers are selling just the drone and remote controller for $399.

Reactions: harleyrider421
Hello again harleyrider421.

North Central Indiana Hoosier here.

A member recently purchased that combo at a VA Sam's Club for $85!

Check your local store, you never know.

Hello again harleyrider421.

North Central Indiana Hoosier here.

A member recently purchased that combo at a VA Sam's Club for $85!

Check your local store, you never know.

Unfortunately, our local Sam's Club has never sold the DJI Spark inside the store. At one time they were selling the DJI Phantom, but have never sold drones since other than online...But I sure would have loved to got one at that price !!
Thanks

( but never could get comfortable with trying to fly the Helicopters ). Ive never tried flying a Drone, my biggest fear is paying the $$$ for one and having it fly away (and then listening about it from the wife..Lol)
View attachment 8651

Hello, my first drone was an nongps (atti) drone. I think that similar to RC helicopters. You need to correct the position all the time.... Exhausting! Then I bought the spark and was in love. When you have strong GPS the spark stands rock solid in the air. No commands or correction on the remote needed. Even my (afraid) girlfriend tried it and now it's difficult to get the remote back :) I never repent my buy!

Before you fly read the "Prevent-flyaway-tips" msinger posted and make a checklist that you don't forget something. Then it's really safe to fly the spark.

And the offer is really good. Half a year ago I paid 50% more....

I've been doing a lot of research watching YouTube videos and I'm looking forward to buying the Spark...you made me feel even more confident with my decision.
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme