Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Greetings from Philadelphia

PhantomFandom

Join
Jan 1, 2019
Loc
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hello everyone,

I am an experienced pilot and have owned many Phantom 3 and 4 crafts. This past weekend I picked up a Spark to have something super portable. I think I will also pick up a Mavic in the near future, when I find one at the right price. I participate in the Phantom Pilots forum and decided to stop by here as well. I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.

The weather has not been good since I picked up the Spark so I have not really gotten a chance to fly it yet. I'm looking forward to flying and learning more about it.

Happy Flying !

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, PhantomFandom.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the Forum. Even experienced pilots such as yourself may learn a few things about their new aircraft here.

Spark and Mavic Pro are a potential combo. You can't go wrong with those two. Those are my 2 primary drones

Thank you. I really love flying my Phantom 4 Pro. I bought the Spark simply for the portability and "fun factor" of it. It looks like the Mavic Air would also be a good balance between functionality and size. Waiting for some good weather to get the Spark outside now.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Hello everyone,

I am an experienced pilot and have owned many Phantom 3 and 4 crafts. This past weekend I picked up a Spark to have something super portable. I think I will also pick up a Mavic in the near future, when I find one at the right price. I participate in the Phantom Pilots forum and decided to stop by here as well. I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.

The weather has not been good since I picked up the Spark so I have not really gotten a chance to fly it yet. I'm looking forward to flying and learning more about it.

Happy Flying !
Good morning Sir,
I'm from South Jersey near Philly. I am a Spark owner. May I ask where you like to fly? Always looking for new spots.

Thanks,
Jim

Good morning Sir,
I'm from South Jersey near Philly. I am a Spark owner. May I ask where you like to fly? Always looking for new spots.

Thanks,
Jim
Hi Jim !!

Glad to meet someone locally. When I just have a few minutes and want to relax, I just fly from my house. However when I want scenic spots, I will very often head down to either Center City by the art museum or along the Delaware River on either side.

There is a park behind the art museum, right next to boathouse row. Beautiful area where it is totally legal to fly and you can have fun.

Along the Delaware on the Philly side I have flown from the Race Street Pier right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge and also just a bit further south at Penn's Landing. Both are nice clear spots to takeoff and land right on the river.

On the Jersey side of the Delaware, you can fly right by Campbell field. Nice open area for takeoff and landing. Both sides of the river give you great views of the bridge, the river, and the Philadelphia skyline.

I have not taken my Spark out to any of those locations yet but been to all of them many times with my Phantoms. How about you? Where have you flown it? How do you like your Spark?

Hi Jim !!

Glad to meet someone locally. When I just have a few minutes and want to relax, I just fly from my house. However when I want scenic spots, I will very often head down to either Center City by the art museum or along the Delaware River on either side.

There is a park behind the art museum, right next to boathouse row. Beautiful area where it is totally legal to fly and you can have fun.

Along the Delaware on the Philly side I have flown from the Race Street Pier right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge and also just a bit further south at Penn's Landing. Both are nice clear spots to takeoff and land right on the river.

On the Jersey side of the Delaware, you can fly right by Campbell field. Nice open area for takeoff and landing. Both sides of the river give you great views of the bridge, the river, and the Philadelphia skyline.

I have not taken my Spark out to any of those locations yet but been to all of them many times with my Phantoms. How about you? Where have you flown it? How do you like your Spark?

Equally happy to meet someone local. I have had my Spark since middle of October. It's my first drone and I'm obsessed with learning about it and using it. I love it. Would like to upgrade eventually though.
I just went to Cambell's field this past weekend. I like going to Cooper river park and a few spots along the Delaware around Gloucester but it approaches no fly zones with the airport. Really want to check out boat house row and the park you mention. I wasn't sure if it was ok to fly at Penns landing or not. Want to get some shots of the SS United States.
You should like your Spark as long as you are ok with it being not as advanced as your other drones.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Equally happy to meet someone local. I have had my Spark since middle of October. It's my first drone and I'm obsessed with learning about it and using it. I love it. Would like to upgrade eventually though.
I just went to Cambell's field this past weekend. I like going to Cooper river park and a few spots along the Delaware around Gloucester but it approaches no fly zones with the airport. Really want to check out boat house row and the park you mention. I wasn't sure if it was ok to fly at Penns landing or not. Want to get some shots of the SS United States.
You should like your Spark as long as you are ok with it being not as advanced as your other drones.

I'm also out of S. Jersey. Go to googlemaps and look at these two coordinates (in the blue section). Two of my favorite spots to fly - especially the spot in Roebling Park on the Delaware. Can fly across river and then over several adjacent lakes on the PA side of the river.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.PNG
    IMG_0089.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0090.PNG
    IMG_0090.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
Hey Jim,

The Battleship New Jersey is right there and I have flown by it many times at different altitudes. Very nice sight.

Any time you want to fly by Boathouse Row please look me up. If I'm available I would head down there with you.

I'm also out of S. Jersey. Go to googlemaps and look at these two coordinates (in the blue section). Two of my favorite spots to fly - especially the spot in Roebling Park on the Delaware. Can fly across river and then over several adjacent lakes on the PA side of the river.

I've heard of Roebling Park but have not ventured out there yet. Thanks for the tip. I'll need to give it a try.

Hello everyone,

Happy Flying !
Your going to love it! it does so much in a super small package. have fun.

Hey Jim,

The Battleship New Jersey is right there and I have flown by it many times at different altitudes. Very nice sight.

Any time you want to fly by Boathouse Row please look me up. If I'm available I would head down there with you.
I will look you up sir. I'm sure you can show me some pointers. I keep a boat on the river in the summer and being near it on water is amazing. Can't wait to fly near it. Really want to check out Boathouse row one weekend.

Wow not familiar with that area but will be checking it out. Thank you very much sir!!

I will look you up sir. I'm sure you can show me some pointers. I keep a boat on the river in the summer and being near it on water is amazing. Can't wait to fly near it. Really want to check out Boathouse row one weekend.

That's great. Where do you dock the boat? Have you taken the drone out on the water and flown it while the boat is anchored?

Hey Jim,

My dad served on the New Jersey. He passed away 5 years ago ... if you have (or get) any video of the ship I'd love to see it.

My dad served on the New Jersey. He passed away 5 years ago ... if you have (or get) any video of the ship I'd love to see it.

I will need to search through my clips at home to see what I have of the battleship. I probably have some video from my Phantom. I have my Spark with me today and I may just head down to the waterfront if the weather cooperates.If I do, I'll get some video today.

That's great. Where do you dock the boat? Have you taken the drone out on the water and flown it while the boat is anchored?

I keep the boat in Delran. I got the drone after I put the boat away for the summer. Can't wait to fly it on the water on the river,especially with active track.

I keep the boat in Delran. I got the drone after I put the boat away for the summer. Can't wait to fly it on the water on the river,especially with active track.

Just flew it for the first time and it is a fun little drone. Very docile in regular mode and surprisingly stable for such a small and light craft. Once i put it in sport mode it really was very zippy and agile. Overall a very nice drone!

Reactions: Jim83stang
Just flew it for the first time and it is a fun little drone. Very docile in regular mode and surprisingly stable for such a small and light craft. Once i put it in sport mode it really was very zippy and agile. Overall a very nice drone!

I'm really glad you like it. It's my first and I really like it but already looking to grab another one. Happy flying and we will have to meet up sometime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef