Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Guesture controls help

Thereal960

Join
Jan 2, 2018
Its weird but my guesture controls are hard to control. I can get it to the point where it recognizes my palm but once I try and move it left or right it looses it right away or turns red.

Good luck with the gesture modes.

It seems from I read, if you're not wearing the correct clothing and the lightning conditions aren't perfect the gesture modes are hit and miss.

I know a gesture, possibly two that the Spark has seen and that is the classic middle finger.:)

Reactions: Kilrah
My only problem is wind, maybe I just have a bland but recognizable wardrobe xD but wind is the only thing that stops it from following my hand.
Light only matters when there isn't enough to see through the camera by.
Edit: Wind being anything above 1mph and it's like a brick on a stick...

Read somewhere that gestures need to be controlled and within 3 feet to be effective.

From watching many YouTube videos on gesture control, race might play a role [emoji23] LOL. Still trying to get it to fly away.

I have noticed if there is people behind me while I'm using the GC. Spark begins to freak out because is trying to figure out who's the one controlling it. lol

I have noticed if there is people behind me while I'm using the GC. Spark begins to freak out because is trying to figure out who's the one controlling it. lol
Interesting .... so spark doesnt really rely on facial recognition.

Read somewhere that gestures need to be controlled and within 3 feet to be effective.
The manual states the exact distance, but yes, your face, not hand, needs to be around 3 ft from the camera. This is for all but the commands that can be given to take pictures, start video, and beckon.
From watching many YouTube videos on gesture control, race might play a role [emoji23] LOL. Still trying to get it to fly away.
I'm not surprised xD Best of luck!
Interesting .... so spark doesnt really rely on facial recognition.
Facial recognition is something for security, it identifies a round-ish object, with eyes generally "here", mouth generally "there", and then says, AHA! A face!!! Then holds on for dear life but we all know how weak that grip is.

Reactions: CM Ho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef