Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hanger Autopilot mapping mission fail

Bravo33

Join
Apr 14, 2018
Tried a mapping mission with my Spark yesterday. Flew the plan perfectly but no images recorded. What am i doing wrong??

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1526473286995.jpg
    FB_IMG_1526473286995.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 61
I need to experiment with this mode some more. I think I had the same experience on 3 or 4 attempts. Could be it is one of the features that does not work with Spark. I've been away from my hanger for several weeks so have not been able to do much lately.

If you don’t make to the 300 feet, it can’t start the process. At least that’s why I think it doesn’t work for me.

I can only suggest from my experience mapping with other DJI drones and other mapping software, But you may need to set the camera to trigger at an interval such as every 3 seconds in DJI go 4 and then once you you start your mission in autopilot trigger the camera shutter manually. Then it may continue to shoot throughout the mission. Please let me know if this works as I am keen to be able to map with my spark as well.

Any ideas about this mission? I am about to try looking for a missed Spark över a field. If it does not work other than from a great height I will have to try another way. Would be greatful for any inputs.

Any ideas about this mission? I am about to try looking for a missed Spark över a field. If it does not work other than from a great height I will have to try another way. Would be greatful for any inputs.

I think the mapping function is for high altitude flying.... may not work down low.... not sure. I think if you are looking for a small object in a field, such as a spark, just fly over the field systematically and watch for it...all manual flying. Record session if you want and review on computer....etc.

Thanks Tom. If weather permits tomorrow, I will try the zip line to get the searching straight and move the A and B points after every pass to get the lines parallell.

Tom, I tried yesterday evening, but unfortunately to no avail. There was one part in the video that really convinced me to be a found. But it was a flat rectangular stone. - We left it in the middle of the whete field!

I was trying a wp mission with focus at least 100 in front an minus 112 meters to point the camera down all the flight lines. That was not a good strategy as I had to hold the gimbal wheel down all the time, otherwise it pointed up front. Do you know a better way to tell it to look down 85 or 90 degrees as the Spark moves forward or backwards?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme