Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Has anyone here experienced GPS interference?

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I lost my spark recently when it flew off course during a Litchi way point mission. After reviewing my flight record Litchi responded "...GPS signal was lost, generally this is because of strong interference". The flight record indicated 18-20 satellites up to the point of losing communication well after it left the mission. This was in rather remote mountainous area. (Homes in the area are on 10 acre parcels many of which are unoccupied.) I'm trying to figure what possible source of RF interference could have caused this.

I don't know what kind of "strong interference" would cause a GPS failure, in the mountains.

Only an obstacle between spark and the sky, or heavy clouds.

I lost my spark recently when it flew off course during a Litchi way point mission. After reviewing my flight record Litchi responded "...GPS signal was lost, generally this is because of strong interference". The flight record indicated 18-20 satellites up to the point of losing communication well after it left the mission. This was in rather remote mountainous area. (Homes in the area are on 10 acre parcels many of which are unoccupied.) I'm trying to figure what possible source of RF interference could have caused this.
Always check the KP index and wind speed before anything else.

Gps loss or compass loss result in switching to atti mode. Maybe you had a strong magnetic interference and litchi interpreted as gps loss? Such interference happened to me with go4 app in flight but i could keep manual control.

Prob got hit by that Chinese satellite DJI appears to have in synchronous orbit over the States to cause fly-aways. They got me Oct 3rd... caused mine to keep ascending even though I was pulling full down on the stick.

Obviously, I'm kidding about the satellite, but ya gotta wonder somedays with how these things just loose their minds ya know?! Not kidding about my fly-away unfortunately... I can literally say I feel your pain mahn. And I didn't even have Litchi to blame, I was on the remote linked to GO4. Hope you find it or it gets returned somehow!

I know this is "tongue in cheek" off topic but, the only thing GPS did for me was learn how to say " YOUR OTHER LEFT "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf